Chapter 9 - "Chapter 10"

Authors Note:// The fourth of my 5 chapter update, also this I not a merge of chapters 9 and 10, the legit of the chapter is called chapter 10.

~Michael POV~

"So you're the new recruit", said Clay as he analyzed me.

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance sir", I say awkwardly as he continues to stare at me. 

"I'm Clayton Hanes but you can call me Clay, I'm Editor in Chief here at Diamond Star", he said as he shook my hand.

"I'm Michael Reyes", he said as I shook his hand.

"Alright, well you're in his care now, good luck, meet me afterward in my office, we'll go over work rules, etcetera", said Josh as he headed back to his office.

"Good luck? Huh?", I say questioning my existence. 

"I have a client waiting for me in the Quiet Room, come with me, I'll show you the process of an editor, this is a learning experience", said Clay as I follow him outside. 

He led me to the quiet room as a man awaited us, he looked about my age. 

"Michael, this is Calcifer Adams, Calcifer this is our new recruit Michael", said Clay as we greeted each other. 

"Pleasure", said Calcifer as he smiled.

"Mr. Jones is our first client, he's currently working on a draft called The Department of Purgatory, I'm the lead editor of his novel, you'll be doing the same with your clients, you'll be having one on ones with them", explained Clay.

My phone then chimed as Clay gave me the death stare.

"First rule of the quiet room, phones on silent", said Clay.

"Sorry sir", I say witching my phone to silent. 

"As I was saying, being an editor is the most important job here at Diamond Star, we produce stars, just like the name suggests, if you clients' work interests you in any way, you can work with them to publish the novel, you're allowed to make changes in the novel that would fit our demographic, you work together with them as one", said Clay.

"Noted", I say to him. 

He then handed me a draft of the novel, the Department of Purgatory, seems Calcifer had written 40 chapters so far, Calcifer's end-goal was 50 chapters, his novel is almost complete. 

"I'm gonna head back to the office with Calcifer, read the first 9 chapters of the novel, you have to promise me you'll stop at chapter 10, when you're done, come join us, let us hear your thoughts", said Clay as they exit the quiet room. 

The first 9 chapters huh?

I check my phone to see that Christian texted me. 

~How is your first day of work?~ Christian.

~You knew they'd hire me immediately didn't you?~ Michael.

~Leo owes me a favor~ Christian.

~Thanks for that, I appreciate it, I'm gonna head back to work now, text you soon~ Michael.

~have a great day at work Mr. Reyes ;) ~Christian. 

The Department of Purgatory huh? According to the description, The Department of Purgatory is a department that sends humans who just died to either heaven or hell based on their life memories, the department workers consist of a human, an angel, and a demon so that every soul that comes here would be judged freely, the human, the angel, and the demon would all vote and the soul would either be sent to heaven or hell. It's a very interesting concept. I like it.