𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴 -mädchen-

Start from the beginning

But to her credit, she was surprisingly good at managing her lack of clear sight but some things were still complicated to deal with even for my stubborn and resilient Heidi. She started feeling dizzy as the brown colour of the brick all houses were built off mixed with the grey of the ground and that burning feeling humans get only when it's too cold for their body to figure out whether it's too cold or too warm.

It truly was a freezing day, and the wind hit her rosy cheeks harder now as she ran with all her stamina down the street.

It was truly freezing.

I advised her to stop running once more, she was getting exhausted and her head hurt. She had to stop, this wasn't worth it. Frieda's approval wasn't worth it.

Her head started spinning.

"Hey! That's my hat!"Alexander yelled after her. She ran faster, yet he caught up with her quite quickly, cold and tired as she was.

The two kids, dressed in old hand-me-down brown coats ran next to one another, Alexander reached for his hat and the ginger haired girl avoided him again and again, until she lost her balance, the colours of the street mixed together and everything went blank. She fell down onto the cobblestone street limp bodied. she had fainted.

Alexander's eyes widened, he got down next to her as she didn't get up herself.

Just down the street Frieda and Ingrid were laughing. Mocking Heidi, until they both realised what had happened.

Frieda said nothing, she adjusted her light blue beret and dragged Ingrid away as the dark haired girl protested, Oh Ingrid Blum, bless her soul. I think what drove Frieda away was fear, she was scared, acting like a coward by not checking up on her sister.

Alexander Fischer on the other hand was no coward, he was a kind person through and through.

He tried to shake life into Heidi but she didn't wake up at first. He looked around, no one was outside. Where had Frieda and Ingrid gone?

"Frieda! Ingrid!" He called, but they were nowhere to be seen. He had no idea who this girl was at all which says a lot about how little Frieda and Heidi talked about one another.

The brown-eyed boy began panicking, why wasn't this girl waking up?

"Hey, Mädchen! Wake up!" Not knowing her name made it easier to just call her girl. It was the only word he could think of, inside his incomplete seven year old vocabulary.

He turned her around with a grunt sort of making her head hit the cobblestone once again, her nose kept bleeding, but to his surprise she was awake, her eyes moving back and forth frantically. Heidi only saw colours and unclear shapes, Alexander was just a large part of brown, thanks to his coat and his eyes but his hair was lighter, not completely blond, but almost golden in a way.

"Who are you?" The poor bloody nosed Heidi asked weakly, almost in a whisper.

"Alexander Fischer, and you are?"

Heidi didn't respond, she looked up at the grey sky, very disoriented and hurt. She couldn't find the words to answer.

Alexander sighed and tried to pull her up, but they were just young children and he never was the strongest lad out there, so he failed. He then noticed she looked a lot like Frieda and he remembered how she had once mentioned that she had many siblings.

"Are you Gisela?" He asked, trying to remember the names of all the Seide children, but Heidi shook her head. "Wilhelmina?"

She shook her head again. She wasn't sure of what had happened but her name was something hard to forget to say the least, but she did not speak.

Alexander sighed but he stood up, almost certain she was somehow related to frieda.

"Is frau Seide your mother, mädchen?" He was getting impatient, so even if calling someone nothing but "Girl" was impolite he didn't really care. Heidi weakly nodded, it was almost hard to see if she meant yes or no. Alexander took it as a yes.

"Frau Seide!" He called, waving at the window of their shop, where she always was. Trudy looked up from her knitting, what did the Ficsher boy want with her? She peeked her head out the window, her forehead wrinkled and eyebrows angled.

"Ja?" She answered, barely letting go of the scarf she was making. Her hair was pulled back into a terrible looking braid. She hadn't bothered brushing it this morning and felt rather bothered by him seeing her in this state.

"Your daughter is hurt!" He informed her before running back to Heidi's side, leaving small footprints in the snow. In less than a minute Trudy had put her knitting on a chair, thrown on a coat, a hat and gloves and ran out the door. It slammed behind her, the little bell ringing for a second. Her red hair was captured in the wind as she somehow managed to run in the snow with only her slippers on.

She saw Heidi on the ground with Alexander next to her. I had a hard time deciphering if Trudy was scared out of her mind or fuming with anger, until she pushed the poor boy aside and pulled Heidi into her arms asking billions of questions. Worry consuming her entire face and body. I swear i heard her whisper something along the lines of:

"Oh my poor little girl.." But I guess we will never know if frau Seide said that or not.

Similarly Heidi barely said a word, all that came out were mumbling, unclear sentences. Alexander looked at them both with a terrified expression.

How bad was it?

One of the few answers they got was indeed, rather concerning. Because Heidi had finally decided to tell her mother about her growing problem.

"I can't see, mama" My dear human said as she rubbed her eyes trying to stop them from blurring everything.