Another one of her favorite activities was trying to give me name ideas. I barely listened most of the time.

She was quiet this morning. It's Saturday. She has to go back to New York tomorrow.

Mari : Morning Chloe!

I smile at her. She is still staring off into space.

Mari : Chloe???

I wave my hand in front of her face a few times while calling her name before she looks at me.

Chloe barely audible : I won't be able to protect you...

Mari : What?

Chloe speaking up : I won't be able to protect you from the class! What if they hurt you? Or kill them?!

Mari : We'll be fine! Tikki and Wayzz will protect us. Don't worry! And you will be visiting after the gala in Gotham! Only two months, we can survive that!

Chloe has tears streaming down her cheeks. I hug her as tightly as I can.

Mari : Don't worry Queenie!

We stay in that position for a few minutes before I hear my stomach rumble. Chloe giggles slightly.

Chloe while pushing me into a chair and getting a few plates : Sit down! Let auntie Chloe feed you and my futur nieces and/or nephews!

She puts a few croissants, pains aux raisins, chaussons aux pommes and pains au chocolats on our plates.

A/N: Don't know what they are called in English (I live in France)

We start eating and chat about school and stuff.

After we've finished eating, we get dressed.

We decide to go to the mall one last time together and just see where the day takes us

On our way there, I realized something. We had spent the whole time talking about my love life. I don't know anything about Chloe's. I smile deviously and she sees it.

Chloe : What are you planning?

Mari smirking : Queeeennnniiiiieeee...

Chloe closes her eyes in anticipation, knowing full well that what I am about to say is going to make her uncomfortable.

Chloe on edge : Whaaaat?

Mari with a huge smirk : How is yoooouuuurrrr love lllliiiiffffeeee? Have you found a girlfriend yet????

Chloe's face goes bright red. She came out to me, Luka and Kagami about a year and a half ago as a lesbian. We were all so happy she felt comfortable coming out to us considering we hadn't been friends for that long.

Mari : Is that a YES?

Chloe mumbling while hiding her face in her hands : Yeah...

Mari : Who are they? What's their name? How old are they? What are they like? What do they look like? I NEED TO MEET THEM! WHEN CAN I MEET THEM???

Chloe is even redder after my outburst and hands me her phone. I think she just wanted to shut me up though...

A picture of a cute person with vitiligo appears on the screen. I start squealing.

Mari :They're gorgeous! What are they like?

Chloe : They're name is Moss. They're agender and the absolute sweetest person I have ever met other than you. We bumped into each other a few times in a coffee shop during the summer holidays. Turns out, they were going to be in my class. We exchanged numbers and ended up talking for hours, but it felt like minutes. As soon as I discovered that they were single and into women, I asked them out. Turns out they were planning on asking me out the next day. We just click.

Mari jumping up and down : I'm so happy for you!

I hug her.

°Time skip°

Today's the day Queenie is going back to New York. I don't want her to leave, but she has to...

We're like glued by the hip. We try to spend as much time as possible together. We don't want to have to say goodbye, but Chloe has to leave for the airport now. The taxi is here to pick her up...

I hug her one last time very tightly. I don't want her to go. I want her to stay, to protect me from the class...

Mari : I'm going to miss you... Wish me luck with telling my parents...

I smile sadly at her.

Mari : Ask Moss to come with you next time.

We hug before she goes into the taxi and waves as it drives off.

I watch until the taxi disappears before going back inside.

I work on commissions, talk to the Kwamis, to the many portraits of Damian and to the babies. I know that they can't understand, but it feels nice. I get my bag ready before eating a quick dinner and going to bed.