⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟐𝟓

"are you guys scared too?" jihyun asked. it was the middle of the night and she was laying at the foot of haechan's bed, the others were also sprawled out on his bed or the floor with blankets and pillows.

with the lack of cameras and eyes watching them, they had all grown closer within the six months of just talking about themselves and most importantly their emotions. they saw new sides of each other from the ones in that arena. chenle was thankful for that because he had struggled so much before and jihyun and jisung too because they were always told to suppress their feelings in front of others like it was a weakness.

"i am scared. i hate that they gave us a long cool-down period and then all of a sudden want to throw us back into the people's view. remind them of how they tortured eight kids for enjoyment." renjun said then buried his face into the blanket.

"i don't think i can face the families of all those that passed. district twelve won't be too bad because i'm still alive..." haechan paused. "but the girl tribute isn't. it'll be difficult having to speak to her family. it'll be even worse when we get to the districts we're not from."

"it's so cruel that they make us do that. give the family's of the deceased six months to somewhat get over the deaths and then... oh look! here come the lucky victors to rub it in your faces that they're still alive and living with wealth!" jihyun exclaimed, throwing her hands into the air and then she lowered her voice. "it's inhumane."

"welcome to panem." jisung muttered.

"jihyun!" they heard doyoung's loud voice as he came stomping up the stairs. "we told you to stay in your room!"

"hide me." jihyun said and jeno got off the bed, patting the space in between haechan and renjun. she slid in between them and under the blanket, covering her entire body with it.

"jihyun!" doyoung yelled, slamming the door open. "where is she?"

"not here. it's just us." mark replied as they all acted as casual as possible either reading books or playing random games with each other.

"i see the lump on the bed. jihyun, get out from under there." doyoung sighed, leaning against the doorframe.

"that's not jihyun. it's just a pile of pillows. i like to keep a distance between me and renjun. he stinks." haechan said, hitting where jihyun was laying. a blush appeared on her face and she pinched his leg.

"what the hell." renjun scoffed.

"she went to the bathroom." jeno said, saving them all.

"foxy, you're taking awfully long in there! don't stink up the place!" jaemin yelled, cupping his hands around his mouth.

"fine. i'm going to sleep now. like i said i'll—"

"you'll be in taeyong's house. yes, we know." chenle interrupted.

"alright. night everyone." doyoung said then left the room, not believing a word they said. he knew for sure jihyun was the lump in the bed and he also knew fighting her on this would be futile.

the second the door locked shut, she sprang from out the blankets, lunging for haechan's neck.

"you!"

"i didn't do anything!"

"you smacked my butt!"

"i didn't mean to!" he yelled, restraining her arms.

"you definitely knew what you were doing! what, did you think it was going to be my head?!" she shouted, digging her knee into his stomach.

"i swear i'm sorry! that hurts!"