Chapter 5

Devons Pov:

Claire just walked in with Megan and I suppose her boyfriend?

Pff ugly ass dude

Wait..it's Peter Corafski? You've got to be kidding me

He's one of the most disgusting people I've ever met

I do catch Megan glancing at Chloe though, which makes me raise an eyebrow.

"You know what? I'll just go taking to her." I say to Chloe, which makes her eyes widen.

"You're sure?" She asks and I nod while taking a deep breath.

"Good luck." She patts my shoulder, making me smile.

I then get up and walk towards them. While we're sitting in the back of the classroom they're sitting in the front row. I step in front of their table, making them all look at me.

"Hi." I say with a nervous smile while putting my hands in the pockets of my pants.

My outfit

"Oh hello." Peter says with a grin, which makes me roll my eyes.

"Claire, can we talk?" I ask shyly, making Megan raise an eyebrow.

"Do we know you?" She asks while crossing her arms.

I remember Megan from before I moved. She always was this queen bee. She and the other cheerleaders used to bully me for being gay.

Peter he..he was the biggest jerk, probably still is. He also used to bully me for being openly gay back then. And my looks too. Well..good thing I got a glowup, huh?

"Well..I don't know if you remember me but I know you." I answer with a small shrug.

"Oh you do? Wanna get to know each other more?" Peter asks with a grin, asking me roll my eyes again.

How is Claire with him?

But I notice Megan roll her eyes at that as well, while Claire looks down.

"As far as I know you have a girlfriend, who's sitting right next to you. You can't just say something like that to another girl, duche. She deserves someone better than someone like you." I say to Peter and now his smirk fades and he starts to clench his jaw at that.

"Who do you think you are that you can talk to me like that?!" He says angrily while standing up.

"Jeez, stop acting like a five year old." I reply with a scoff.

"So you said we know each other.." Claire says shyly, which makes me look at her.

"You look familiar and I know your voice, it's just..I can't put my head around it." She mutters embarrassedly, making me smile.

"Could you um..get up and come here?" I ask shyly and she looks a little bit lost but when she was about to get up Peter grabs her arm to stop her.

But she just glares at him before getting out of his grib and standing up.

She then walks around the table and towards me. I then gently grab her hand and lift it up. Then I do our little handshake we used to do when we were younger. When I was finished she suddenly holds onto my hand tightly and her eyes are widen.

"Devon?!" Claire exclaims shocked and I nod while smiling widely.

Right after that she literally jumps in my arm, so I quickly wrap my arms around her waist while her arms are around my neck. She nuzzles her face in my chest while I bury my face in her shoulder. She's so tiny, it's so cute. She's even smaller than Chloe.

"I've missed you so much." She says while cuddling mote into me, making me hold onto her even tighter.

"I missed you too. So, so much."

We eventually pull away after a few minutes but my eyes slightly widen when I see her face.

She's..crying..

"No, don't cry." I say softly while gently cupping her cheeks and wiping her tears away.

"I'm just so happy." She replies with a shaky voice and a big smile.

Now I can't stop myself from tearing up as well.

Claire then hugs me again and I smile while wrapping my arms around her.

"Okay how long are you going to do this?" We hear Peter say, which makes us pull away.

She sighs at that, so I put my hand on her arm.

"It's okay, we can talk later." I tell her with a small smile.

"Okay.." Claire mutters and slowly starts to smile as well.

"Okay, talk to you later." She says and quickly hugs me again before sitting back down.

I bite my lip to stop myself from smiling like an idiot and then quickly walk back to Chloe.