Chapter 5

When we got to the gym, Jasmine was sitting with Milo and Jaden on the bleachers, they looked nervous which made me nervous. Desmond looked as confused as I was.

"What's up? Why y'all look like someone died?" I laughed nervously, until I saw Jasmine's face.

"The girl Alexis from the party was found dead. Cops came to my house and asked me and Lexi some questions, a bunch about you and Desmond. Apparently they think you two had something to do with it."

I looked over at Desmond, who looked just about as angry as I was. "I AIN'T HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT." I told him to sit down and take a breather. This most definitely had something not do with that nigga Darrien, but I guess no one else thought of that, or they did and just ain't telling Desmond cause we all know how he would react.

"Okay, so this is what we do. We act like everything is normal. The cops clearly don't have anything, or they would've arrested someone. Asking about us means they know we were at the party and that Desmond was tryna get with Alexis. Okay, if we run into cops we don't answer any questions. Also, alibis."

I was speaking fast, but I'm sure they got what I was saying. Jasmine asked me how I knew about all this stuff, and I simply replied with, "law & order." We all agreed, and went off to class. Desmond grabbed my hand and took me in the locker room. He looked scared and angry, probably because someone said he killed someone.

I grabbed his hand and told him to calm down. Which kinda worked, but I could tell he was still freaking out. Eventually he stopped and looked at me. "Demetrius, I don't care what a nigga is saying about me, or if they think I did it. I just need to know if you believe I ain't have shit to do with it."

"I don't think you had anything to do with it, neither does anyone in our group. So just calm down and act like everything is normal, or try to."

He nodded, pulling me in for a kiss. It wasn't as passionate, but it was needed. It helped him calm down at least. I walked with him to class and headed to mine after. When we got to school it was during first period, the talk lasted a while, so I had second period. When I walked in the teacher commented on me being late, I just made an excuse and went to my seat.

I didn't notice at first but Marco was in my class. He was laying his head down, scrolling on his phone in his lap. I took out his airpod and blew in his ear.

"Wassup." He scratched his ear and took out his other airpod. "Why were you late?" He asked me.

"Me and my friends were talking, and Dez and I got some pretty shitty news." I tried my best to make it look like I was okay, but I'm guessing he saw through my bullshit.

"Wanna go chill after this. We can go see that new spiderman movie." Before I could answer we heard Mrs. G clear her throat, her way of telling us to be quiet. I nodded in agreement, putting my head on the desk.

After class me and Marco met at my locker. Putting our stuff in my locker and grabbing our jackets. Third block was already starting, which was the best time to leave, so we headed to the exit that led to that parking lot. He said he'll drive, so we went to his car and got in. We spent a while in the car, looking for a theater to watch Spider-man No Way Home, and we finally found one at the mall. So we decided to go there, only to eat beforehand. It was around 11:30, so we finished our food and ran from the food court to the theater. We, or should I say he, paid for our tickets and snacks.

When we first got inside nothing much was happening, so we found our seats and sat down. We were talking about the memes and theories we saw about the movie and laughed at most. A few jokes here and there, and even a small argument about who was the best Spider-Man, clearly Tobey Maguire. If anyone disagrees, they are not fans. Anyways, the movie was getting closer to starting, so I quickly went to the bathroom, telling Marco to watch my stuff.

When I got in the bathroom it smelt like weed mixed with a regular bathroom smell. I ignored it, going over to the urinals. While handling my business someone came out the stalls, I didn't notice until I walked over to the sink that it was Darrien. The smell of weed was coming from him, and he looked like he was going through it. But I just washed my hands, hoping he wouldn't see me.

I walked over to the dryer, but my hand was grabbed. "Aye dude. Sorry about the party." I snatched my hand and turned around to him. He looked genuine, but it didn't mean shit to me.

"I still have bruises on my ribs, back, and a few unnoticeable ones on my face. Fuck your sorries."

"You were right. I was just tryna act tough. Taking my anger out on you and yo homeboy instead of Alexis." He put out his blunt and walked over to the sink again. He started looking like he was gonna throw up, so I walked him back to one of the stalls, holding him steady as he threw up in the toilet.

"Why are you being nice to me?" I handed him some paper towels and washed my hands again. "Cause I'm not an asshole." I dried my hands and walked out the bathroom. I just decided to forget the whole thing and walked back to the theater.

"Took you long enough." I rolled my eyes and sat back down, grabbing my bucket of popcorn as the movie started.

What do you peeps think of Marco? Y'all think something gonna happen?