Chapter 25. Remembrance

Start from the beginning

The brown-haired nobleman did as he was told, nodding diligently.

November saw this, but didn't say anything.

She allowed the silence to pursue a big longer before saying, "I wonder how did the demons even enter the school? It felt like they just appeared out of thin air."

Lucilline pursed his lips.

Only Azalea answered her, "Perhaps, there was some sort of concealing magic...?"

November bowed her head, "But only mages are known for casting magic spells, right?" Her small body began to shake. "Do you think that it was the mages who let the demons invade the school-"

All of a sudden, the small girl felt a strong gaze fall onto her. November shuddered, then looked at where the gaze came from. Lucilline's golden eyes were sharp, and seemed to cut right through her, as if she was merely melted butter. That harsh gaze suddenly softened.

Lucilline smiled, revealing his gentle and beautiful nature, "Let's not assume anything right now," He turned away to the others, "We should focus on evacuating the people first."

Azalea nodded, "I agree! I will help you, Lucilline."

Daphnne nodded alongside him. Percival agreed.

November had to go along with the flow.

They went into the gymnasium, where many weapons were stored in preparation for the swordsmanship tournament. It was a shame that all of these preparations were ruined, due to the demons invading. Each of the teenagers took up a sword.

Lucilline handled a sharp and yet thin sword, with the blade glimmered in the shade of moonlight. The hilt was carved with a beautiful design of roses surrounded by vehement thorns.

"I prefer using spears..." He sighed, "But this will die." He took a closer look at the sword, then held his breath.

"This is such great craftsmanship." Lucilline sighed. His face softened, with his beautiful contours matching his pale peach blossom eyes, and his slender lips. "If I were to know who created this masterpiece, I would have directly given them thousands of golden ingots."

Azalea, "..." Lucilline has so much money, he's practically wasteful with it.

His white hair fluttered along with his emotions. He picked a sword from the pile, "I will take this one." Azalea turned to look at everyone else.

Daphnne discarded her old sword. She picked a brand new one. She also picked a new sword for November, with the latter holding onto it to defend herself.

Percival swung his sword lightly with his non-broken arm.

He hissed when his broken arm was aggravated. Lucilline watched him worriedly. At last, the black-haired nobleman couldn't stand it anymore, and ran over to the only son of Duke Delta.

"Stop moving." Lucilline ordered. His beautiful face was clouded with concern.

He grabbed the sword out from Percival's hands, throwing it to the side. "You don't need this. Just rely on me to protect you." Lucilline's eyebrows were scrunched, and his lips were bitten into a deep colour of cherry red. His golden eyes were hazed over with a gloss of grievances. With all these characteristics added together, he resembled a flower showered in the crying rain.