I had just finished up another one of my artwork on the wall as I heard the sirens. I could hear them nearing, but it's like my brain blocked them out. I didn't notice them nearby, until their lights were shining on my face.

"Where's your partner in crime"

"Officer Jang"

"I asked you a question. Where is Si-woo?" He had a more serious tone this time.

"Seoul. He left a long time ago"

"Really? How come you are still here? You're usually the ringleader of you two, what do you plan on doing"

"Look, I don't know. Just let me go and I won't come back here"

"You know I have to take you to the station. But as you seem like you did this artwork out of brokenness, I'll take you to your house"

I nodded and handed him my paint can and hopped into the back of the car. It was raining and I was soaking wet, cold and just unsure of everything. I stayed silent most of the car ride, until Officer Jang decided to say something.

"You know, Min-su. You're good at art, try going into that type of field. You'd be good"

"I don't know"

"You need to figure it out soon. I can't continue taking you into the station"

He pulled in front of my door and we both hopped out. He held onto my arm and rang the doorbell and as soon as it opened I saw my mom standing there, with her usual disappointed look.

"I'm letting him off with a warning this time, but I think this is the last time you see me" Officer Jang tilted his hat to my mom before turning to me. "And this better be the last time I see you. Think about what I said, kid"

I nodded at him as I walked inside and got an earful from my mother.

~~~

"Si-woo! How are you doing?" I yelled as I ran to Si-woo

"Min-su! I'm awesome" He ran to me and we both collided into a hug.

I had surprised him at his graduation from Hanlim and I was really excited to see him again. It's been a few years since he left Daegu to come out to Seoul and live his dream. Which was a good decision since he was planning to audition for a debut group soon.

"I'm so proud of you!" I squeezed him tight as he gave me an airy reply.

"We're both graduated, so what do you plan to do?"

"I am heading out to do service, of course. Still no set plans on life, but I'm getting there"

"Have you vandalized anymore while I'm gone?"

"A little here and there. I also stopped because my mom started seeing Officer Jang"

"That's weird"

"You're telling me! I think he's doing it as revenge for how many times I've been pulled to the station"

"Well, it's good to see you again. Want to head go out to a cafe and get some coffee"

"I'm always down for a good coffee"

We both smiled at each other as we started walking towards a coffee shop, just so we could catch up like old times.

~~~

It's been a year since I left for the military service and I just arrived back to my hometown. Wishing Si-woo was with me, like we promised when we were kids.

"Hey mom, i'm home" I called, opening the door to see the house empty.

"Mom? Hey, are you home?" I called again. No reply.