A Distant Past Awakened

Amidst a slightly cloudy day, our three companions are seen traveling amidst an open road. In sight were large bristling trees, flowing quietly as the wind howled throughout the area. Geralt pulled the wagon with upmost care, trotting down the unknown trail. Y(N) held onto the reigns and stared blankly ahead, staying silent and composed. Meanwhile, their new companion Holo was sitting in the back, gently caressing her large tail. She tried to converse with the mysterious traveler, but he wanted no part of it. A new day has arrived, one full of surprises... What awaits these companions among the open road?

Holo: (She fondly brushed her tail as her ears perked) And as you can see from my ears and tail, they are cared upon with my upmost attention. I am a proud wolf, afterall.

Y(N): You are more conceited than "proud", seeing as how you wouldn't stop talking about yourself for the past hour.

Holo: (She smirks devilishly) Would you rather I talk about you instead of myself?

Y(N): ...I retract my comment... Carry on...

Holo: (She slyly chuckles as she carries on with her conversation) You may not have noticed, but these ears of mine hear everything from feeble lies to silent cries for help. I have saved countless people from peril because of them. Impressive, is it not?

Y(N): So you have slightly better hearing than the average human, big deal.

Holo: A "big deal" it is. That is why when people speak of Holo: The Wise Wolf, they speak with upmost caution, for they know I can hear them. (She looks to the sky) There was a time when none would speak ill of me... They only revered in my bountiful harvests... Such a wondrous time that once was...

Y(N): ....If your hearing is as efficient as you claim, have you also noticed that it will rain earlier today than usual?

Holo: Ha-Ha! You jest, I would have easily picked up on such a simple- (Her ears suddenly perk up as her usual demeanor turns to one of surprise) ....How did you-?

Y(N): (Interrupts) I'm a traveler, I'm quite experienced in this sort of field. I pick up on clear signs of the weather faster than you can hear them. "Impressive, is it not?" (Geralt snorts in amusement) ...She doesn't need to know that...

Holo: (She smirks after a moment, continuing to brush her tail) Impressive. You are indeed a fascinating human. It is also quite rare for me to acknowledge a person, but I know when to give credit when it's due. And if I can admit that, surely you must be knowledgeable enough to appreciate the virtues of my tail.

Y(N): (Not even bothering to look) I'm knowledgeable enough to understand that a tail like yours is nothing but a hindrance.

Holo: What?! (Irritated) How dare you?! Even in this form, you should be grateful for even being able to look upon my wondrous tail.

Y(N): (No visible reaction) Regardless of what state you change into, what you truly are can never be hidden from prying eyes. No matter what form you take, a part of your true self stays... You see it as some sort of blessing... I only see a reminder of a change that can never be completed. So even if you wish to adjust to a "human" life, your resolve will never be enough...For what you actually are, will never stay hidden for long...

Holo: (She turns away while crossing her arms) You would never say such a thing if you had a tail as glorious as mine.

Y(N): (Geralt neighs in a knowing manner) ....Don't you dare say anything....

A few silent moments pass by as Holo seemed quite upset from Y(N)'s earlier comment....

Holo: (She finally speaks up) ...Well?