A Not-So Fruitful Meeting

Across a grassy landscape, a trail paved the ways towards all manners of areas. Along the dusty path, a small traveling wagon made its way towards an unknown destination. A well raised and strong brown horse is seen roaming across the path, pulling the cart along with ease. Piloting the reigns of the wagon was none other than Y(N), who slowly took the sights of the landscape, holding a never changing monotone expression. He wore a black hooded cape that would allow him to escape the sights of any unsuspecting person with ease.

Y(N): (He shifts his attention towards his companion) Tired yet, Geralt? Even for you, traveling this much without a proper meal must be quite exhausting, wouldn't you agree? (He receives no answer) ...I may not tire, but I know quite well when someone reaches their limit. And I'd say yours is rapidly approaching. (The horse snorts) ...If only you weren't as stubborn as the actual "Geralt". (As the horses neighs in an annoyed manner, Y(N) sighs to himself) ...I'm not comparing, just simply pointing out the obvious. Though at least you're far more manageable to deal with.

As time passes by, Y(N) and Geralt find themselves near a large church stopping not by choice, only because a certain cavalier near the premise asked for them to do so. The man wore guarded armor and carried a spear as he had begun to question Y(N) before allowing him to pass through...

Cavalier: So you're a traveler?

Y(N): (Steps down from the cart as he pulls an apple from his cloak) Indeed I am. I may not appear to be so, but that is what I am and will continue to be until I return to my profession and continue my life's work.

Cavalier: And what sort of work do you do?

Y(N): It is a bit complicated to explain. (He gives the apple to Geralt who happily takes it and eats it in one bite) Lets just say my work is intended to help others.

Cavalier: Hm, are you a doctor of some sort?

Y(N): (He softly pats his horse) Not at all. I'm not cut out for that sort of business. Though now that you have your questions out of the way, may I ask you one in return?

Cavalier: Feel free. I will help to the best of my ability.

Y(N): (Nods) Thank you. (He eyes the church and its people) Why does everyone here seem to be acting so cautious?

Cavalier: I see what you mean. Though it is nothing of importance. A few hours ago, we've been informed that a village in the west is holding a pagan festival.

Y(N): Is that so? That explains the sour mood here.

Cavalier: (He glances at the large church) Indeed... Such a festival is a disgrace. Those villagers refuse to believe in the one true God, instead wasting their efforts on a false idol... You'd think the Holy Father would use his power over them. If it were up to me, they'd be crushed. But it looks like he won't do anything of the sort. I have no idea why...Perhaps he pities the filthy and scheming sinners.

As the man spoke, Y(N) took the time to sit upon his cart and pull up the reigns, preparing to leave.

Y(N): Perhaps he does pity them... Or...Unlike humans, he knows when to show mercy to the undeserving...

And with that final comment he left, leaving the man to ponder his last words... As they were a well off distance away, Y(N) decided to change paths to restock...

Y(N): So now the people of Pasloei are pagans? You hear that, Geralt? I told you those villagers were no good. (Geralt snorts at his comment) What do you mean they're "good folks"? It may appear good on the outside, although you have yet to see what lies in the heart of that village. (The horse shakes his head) Oh, is that so? You are willing to bet on that? (Geralt snorts) ...Challenge accepted... I guess the sights of Kumerson will have to wait. Well, it's not like we were in a rush either way.