was it a mistake..?

3rd person POV: Sun was jumping around, dancing and happy stimming because today was the day that they got to be separated. Sun was so excited to see Moon because it's been so long since he's seen Moon in his own body.

"Alright Sun, get in the protective cylinder" Sun claped his hands happily and got in the cylinder before laying down. The worker smiled and shut the door "it'll only take a few hours, don't worry" Sun then got powered off.
A few hours later, Sun powered on but he felt like a very important part of him was..missing. then he looked over to his side, he saw Moon staring at him, the lights were off and it was really dark. Moon touched Sun's face and frowned "Sunny? Is that you?" Sun quickly sat up and hugged the moon man very tightly "Moony!! It's so good to see you!!! I missed you so much!" Moon smiled and wrapped his arms around Sun "i missed you too little star, how have you been?" Sun giggled through his closed mouth "hehe i'm good, I missed you so much though!" Sun gasped and little stars sparkled in his eyes "OOH! WHY DONT WE GO TO THE DAYCARE AND PAINT!" Moon chuckled and helped Sun off the bed "sure, let's go"

When the two boys got to the daycare, Moon was looking around, inspecting the whole daycare as if he's never seen it before. Sun grabbed ahold of Moon's hand and dragged him around to play.
They made puppets, played games, crafted, and a lot more. Moon was just about to doze off into sleep mode when Sun got an idea. "OOH!! We should play hide and seek!!" Moon smiled at the sweet energetic boy, but he felt too tired to play at the moment. "I'm sorry my little firefly..but i'm too tired to play anymore, i need to charge, i'm only at 15%.." Sun made a frowny face and sighed "ok.." Moon instantly felt bad and hugged the sad boy. "Fine, one game though" Sun smiled and hugged Moon tightly "EEEEE!!! OK! I'LL HIDE!" Sun happily skipped off to find a hiding spot. Moon faced the wall and started counting. "1..2...3....4.." Sun snuck into a tiny room hidden in the play structure. The room had a tiny hole in it so Sun could see out the hole. But as he heard Moon counting, he heard his voice start getting scratchy and hoarse, it was almost scary. "Ready or not..~ here i come~~"

Sun got scared, his scanners blacked out so he couldn't see Moon through the walls anymore (sun can see movement and body heat through walls because it makes it easier to find lost children), he pulled his knees to his chest and waited..and waited..and waited. "Sunny~ come on out~ you know i'm going to find you~ there's no point in hiding away~" Sun didn't move, nor did he say anything. There was something wrong with Moon and he knew it.

Moon walked by the little hole Sun was looking out of. A red LED glow followed Moon as he searched for Sun. Sun tried to contact Vanessa or someone who could help him but his wifi and data was cut off. Sun looked out the hole to see Moon staring him directly in the eyes. Moon's eyes were glowing a bright red that illuminated all around him. Sun stumbled backwards, making a loud clang as his metal body hit the brick wall behind him. "Heh~ there you are~" Moon walked over to the small room and grabbed Sun by his ankle. "M-MOON! LET ME GO! LET ME GO!!" Moon ignored him and dragged him to the balcony room.

Moon flicked a switch on Sun's head and turned him off. Sun slowly closed his eyes and powered off. Moon picked him up and sat him on a chair. Moon grabbed some extra ribbons and tied Sun to the chair then waited for him to wake up.

Sun slowly powered on, he was only at 10% power so his vision wasn't the best. He looked around and tried to move but felt the restraints pulling against him. "Well well well..i see my pretty boy was woken up~ how was your sleep baby?~" Sun quickly faced his attention to Moon. Moon walked over to Sun holding a water bottle. "M-Moony..? What are you doing with a water bottle..? W-We don't need t-to drink.." Moon chuckled at him and tipped the water bottle over Sun's arms and legs. Sun screamed and struggled to get out of the chair. Moon laughed at Sun struggling and grabbed one of his rays on his head. Sun tried to kick Moon away but with his ankles restrained, it was useless to try. Moon stared Sun in the eyes and whispered "heh~ i do love seeing you in pain Sunny darling~" and with that, Moon snapped off a ray from Sun's head.
After what felt like hours of torture, Moon decided to give Sun a small break. Moon stepped back and watched as Sun hung his head and mumbled to himself "........" "what was that Sunny?~" Sun looked up at Moon and audibly announced what he said to himself "i-i said..I̸'̵m̵ ̴s̷o̶r̶r̶y̵.̶.̸ " Moon paused for a second, he thought for a bit..then he fell to his knees and powered off. "Battery low. Battery low. Battery low. Powering off Moon.EXE" Sun sighed in relief then got to work on getting out of the restraints. Sun fell backwards and made the chair tip over. Sun slid his legs off the legs of the chair and freed his ankles. Sun grabbed his broken off sun ray and used a sharp edge to cut off the ribbon.

Once Sun freed himself, he quickly stumbled into his charging station and let himself charge to full battery.
Sun finished charging and he got out of the charging station. He looked at Moon and walked over to him. Sun picked him up and put him in a charging station. As Moon began to charge, he immediately powered on at 1%. "SUN!? SUN ARE YOU O-.....oh my god.." Moon looked at the broken, beaten up Sun boy in front of the charging station. Sun looked at Moon and walked over to the charging station. Moon pushed open the charging station and pulled Sun in with him. Sun panicked and tried to get away "N-NO! LET ME GO! LET ME GO! LET ME GO!" Moon shushed Sun and hugged him tightly. "Oh my god Sunny...what happened to you..? How did we get here..? Why...why are you...broken..?" Sun hugged Moon tightly, he didn't know why but he felt better knowing that Moon didnt know that it was him who hurt him.

"Sunny we have to get you to parts and service...like right now!" Sun smiled and left the charging station. "Ok..i'll be back soon then.." Sun left and walked to PAS.

When Sun came back, completely fixed, he started keeping distance from Moon. Moon walked up behind Sun and hugged him gently "Sunny..? Why are you ignoring me..?" Sun jumped a bit and turned around to face Moon. "I-I'm not..i just..have work to do" Moon frowned and pressed his forehead to Sun's forehead. "Sunny..? Can we please talk..? Without you getting scared of me..?" Sun thought about it for a minute then sighed "alright.." Moon pressed his mouth to Sun's cheek and made a mwa sound like he have him a kiss. "Please tell me what happened to you.." Sun sat Moon down on the floor and began to explain (there are no kids in the daycare btw-) "so..we were gonna play hide and seek..and your voice got weird...and you were being scary..and then you dragged me out of my hiding spot by my ankle..and then i powered off..the next thing i know, i'm tied up in a chair in our room.." Moon listened to Sun's every word, he didn't ignore any of it, he listened to it all. "You started to beat me and you snapped off my rays..and poured water all over me..and then your battery died..and i was able to cut myself free with one of my broken rays..i got into my charging station and charged to 100%..then i charged you..and..well..you know the rest.." Moon felt his whole world crumble into pieces. He couldn't say anything, he felt horrible, he didn't know what to do or say. Sun saw Moon's sad expression and pulled him into a hug. Moon hugged Sun tightly and mumbled over and over "i'm so sorry...i'm so so sorry...i'm so sorry..." Sun shushed Moon and calmed him down. They were so focused on calming each other and embracing each other that they forgot how much they feared hurting the other.

Soon after they both calmed down, Sun got up and pulled Moon to his feet. "Moony, can i wear your slippers?" Moon looked down at Sun's feet and chuckled "but you have your own slippers" Sun pouted and crossed his arms. "But yours are more comfy!" Moon smiled and took off his slippers for Sun to wear. Sun smiled and clapped his hands, quickly putting on Moon's slippers. "Hehe! Thank you Moony!" Sun's CPU started heating up and he started smoking a tiny bit. "SUN! YOU'RE OVERHEATING!" Sun smiled brightly and hugged Moon. Moon hugged him back and sighed "Sunny, you're overheating, please calm down" Sun pouted and calmed down slowly. "Ok, ok i'm calm" Moon smiled at the happy energetic boy and sighed "Sunny..?" Sun looked at him in confusion "hm?" Moon hung his head and took a deep breath "Sun..i need to tell you something..but..if it doesn't go well..promise me we can still be friends..?" Sun smiled and nodded. "I promise! I'll always want to be your friend no matter what Moony!" Moon smiled and held Sun's hands. "Sunny..I love you..I love you so much..I always have..and I can't tell you how much it hurt me when i found out that i hurt you..I don't deserve you, you're too kind, too loving, too empathetic, you're selfless and you always make time for everybody..and I love you for that..I love you so much and I don't want you to stop being the most amazing friend in the world because of your amazing traits.." Sun squeezed Moon's hands and pulled him into a tight hug, if Sun had tear ducts, he'd definitely be crying right now. "I LOVE YOU TOO MOONY! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!" Moon smiled and hugged him tightly before falling into a cuddle trap. "I love you Moony" Moon smiled and held Sun close "I love you too baby.."