He raised his eyebrow at her

" there's no way after last night you're still questioning my endurance or my ability to lift you up"

Y/N felt her face get hot and she smiled and complied , wrapping her legs around his waist from behind. He supported her legs and gave her a proper piggy back ride.

Despite the extra weight Jiraiya ran  quickly through the Forest and before long they were at the gate entrance to the village hidden in the leaves.

Two ninja guarded the entrance. Their faces lit up as Jiraiya approached them,

"Master Jiraiya! Good to see you, it's been a while hasn't it?"
"Yes but hasn't been long enough Jiraiya" mumbled.

Jiraiya had nothing against the village. It was home and he loved his duty as a ninja. But more than that he was a wandering soul. He left frequently because he wanted to see everything, every inch of land, try every food, fuck all the women. And then he'd come back home when he was needed or when he was feeling nostalgic.

This wasn't one of those times. He was desperate for more time with Y/N. He wanted more time to sort through his emotions. And he had a bad feeling.

Jiraiya put Y/N Down and they walked through the town. Y/N smiled as people greeted Jiraiya at every turn. He was so well known and everyone seemed so friendly.

They approached an oddly shaped apartment building, brown and green wooden planks made up the roof.

They walked up the stairs and made their way to a door on the top floor.

"This is my apartment" he pushed the door open.

It was a decent size, but very bare bones. An old brown couch, a small wooden table. You could tell no one had been there in a long while.

"Obviously i dont stay here often but please make yourself at home and get some rest. I have to run to the hokage's office and get briefed on my mission."

He planted a kiss on her forehead
"I'll be back"

And then he was gone.

Y/N looked around.  It was dusty and smelled stuffy. Y/n cracked open the nearest window to let some fresh air in. She let herself wander.

It wasn't much, which made sense for Jiraiya, but it was more than she ever had. She walked into the bedroom. It was large but mostly empty, just one bedside table to the left of the bed. A desk with some rolled up scrolls, ink and brushes.

She found herself picturing them living there together.
"If only" she chuckled to herself .

Y/N dropped her bag onto the floor and plopped on the emerald green sheets that covered the queen sized bed. It was surprisingly comfortable. Comfortable enough that her body seemed to automatically curl up and YN quickly drifted off to sleep.