Chapter 1

Zoe POV

As I stepped onto the train, thoughts entered my head so fast I began to feel dizzy

"Excuse me, do you mind if I take this seat?" I asked, I looked at the seat, it was so grubby, typical public transport

"Not at all love" a man spoke

I'd been away for 6 months to America for book signings, meet ups and staying with friends, it felt like I'd been away from Alfie for years!
As much as I couldn't wait to see him and Nala, I was so scared to tell him the truth. What if he wasn't ready to be a father yet? What if he left me?

I was pregnant. . .

Just before I went away, I felt constantly sick, it was every morning, I'd just be hovering near the toilet for hours. Alfie doesn't know a lot about pregnancy so I just told him it was food poisoning.

I had to take a test, just to be on the safe side, even though by now I probably knew I was pregnant!
I told Alfie I was going to the doctors to get some medication to help the food poisoning go away, but I went to boots instead.

I bought 4 different kinds of tests, a couple of cheap ones that just told you yes or no answers and a couple of those really expensive ones that told you how many weeks you were. Just to be certain.
I couldn't bear not knowing so I rushed into the public toilets and began to do all 4!

I was 6 months into pregnancy! All of them showed positive!

I knew I had to tell Alfie at some point but I thought I'd tell him when I came back from America, it would give me some time to think. Alfie would only worry otherwise.

So when Alfie came to meet me at the train station, I would have to tell him!

* * *

"Excuse me Madame, this is the trains last stop, if I could ask you to leave now!"

I woke up startled and looked around the train carriage

Empty

I'd fallen asleep

"Sorry, I'm just going!" I grabbed my suitcase and carry on bag and made my way to the public toilets

* * *

I looked in the tall mirror that showed your whole body, it was so obvious I was pregnant! I got my thick winter coat out of my suitcase and put that on. Great! You couldn't see my bump.

"Eugh!" I began to feel sick, my stomach churned, I rushed to a toilet.

It was 10am

Morning sickness