"Please don't leave me in this hell hole if a place." He continued, still sobbing. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

That statement broke Venti, he already accepted his fate. "I don't want to die yet..." Xiao looked up from the bed as tears streamed from Venti's eyes.

"I still have so many things I want to do with you." Venti took a deep breath in. "But life is unfair, so this is the best I can do..."

A few moments later, Xiao finally calmed down. "Are you done crying?" Venti teased Xiao with his red eyes.

"You cried too you know..."

Venti giggled in response. "I'm okay now. I accepted this."

In response, Xiao hugged him tightly, not wanting to ever let go. Venti stroked his head. "I love you."

Xiao didn't respond, he was passed out, that being the last words he heard, sleeping on his chest. Venti satisfied that that would probably be his last words in this lifetime...

Three more weeks passed like nothing, Venti lost his voice that day on the incident, having those three words his last

Three more weeks passed like nothing, Venti lost his voice that day on the incident, having those three words his last. His movements became slower and weaker. Venti hasn't braided his hair like usual lately. He no longer smiled as much as he did. He wanted to, especially today, being it Xiao's birthday. But he felt tired, exceptionally tired. He couldn't even sit properly anymore, he'd just lay down there. Occasionally listening to Xiao's stories once again or to just stare at the ceiling.

He looked to his side, seeing Xiao still sleeping on the couch. Xiao was used to sleeping there, well he's by his side majority of the time. He hasn't been in his dorm in a while.

Xiao's sleep schedule was so messed up. Xiao knew that Venti could bare staying up at the morning but it would be dreadful once the nightfalls so he would sleep somewhere in the afternoon and stay up all night by Venti.

It was gloomier than usual. The sky was already dark, maybe a little bit past seven pm. Minutes later, he heard the sleeping boy finally wake up.

"Are you hungry?"

Venti shook his head slowly in reply.

"Still nothing?"

Xiao stood up from the couch, stretching his back and made his way to sit on his usual place beside Venti. He held his hand... it was colder. Xiao gave him more physical touch as the time went on, due to the fact Venti almost mistook him for an illusion once. To assure him that he was there for him. Always for him.

Xiao played with Venti's hair for a bit, messily braiding it like it once was. Xiao even tried searching up how to braid hairs but he could never learn how. It was confusing but he still tried. After he braided his hair, Venti slowly looked at him with his lifeless eyes. To pass time, Xiao hummed the song Venti always did.

Xiao felt Venti's hand drop on his, like they had no energy anymore. Xiao felt his heart drop.

Tears started swelling up in his eyes. "Venti, are you there?"

Venti using his last energy just hummed in reply, Xiao knew it was probably time. "Oh god, not yet."

"It's still too early." He shouted aloud, he was stressed from everything.

"Please don't leave me yet." Xiao sobbed out, squeezing his hand tighter feeling calmed down. "Don't leave me in this hell hole of a place."

(i cant write this. it sound so cringe help)

"I'm so sorry, please stay with me."

"I should've cherished you more. You made me feel special even when I thought I wasn't."

Xiao paused, only the sounds of their breathing overlapping with each other, before speaking again. "Let's go drinking again or maybe baking... you like apple pies right...?"

His heart ached at the sight in front of him. He knew he couldn't bring his normal self back with just words, it were all just empty hopes.

Xiao grabbed both his hands in a desperate manner. He took a deep breath in before saying his last words to him.

"I'll come find you in our next life together. I promise."

"Please be waiting for me till then."

"I love you."

With that, Venti's pulse dropped to zero. Xiao couldn't find a heart beat. He looked up from Venti's chest with a heavy heart and closed his eyes one last time with a bitter smile. "Sweet dreams, Venti."

He didn't want to leave his position, he wanted to hold him as long as he could. He continued crying his heart out, this was probably going to be his first and last time he cried this much. What a way to spend his birthday.

why cant i write death scenes and why was this chapter so forced, messy, and it was also super rushed 😪