:: 16

Xiao and Venti, two boys who started as friends and ended as lovers. Edgy boy x Air-head dksjdjkd.

Days, weeks, months passed since Venti was in the hospital

Days, weeks, months passed since Venti was in the hospital. He noticeably got paler and his eye bags got darker. It was approaching the month of April, he mostly lost his ability to walk and he wasn't as energetic like before.

Since the month before, Xiao basically stopped caring about his class. He still attended but never submitted any requirements but he never told Venti that knowing he would probably scold him. He spent more and more time in the hospital, he walked the dreaded hallways as always. Slowly opening the door, seeing Venti lifelessly staring at the one window leading to the outside, his braids a bit loose and messy.

Venti reacted to the sound of the door and his eyes seemed like they got their shine back when he saw Xiao.

"Hey!" Venti waved his hand and smiled trying to be energetic once again. Xiao sat at his usual seat by the bed.

"The cherry blossoms are blooming." Xiao says as he showed a few pictures. "Have you seen it?"

"Hmm? No." Venti thought a bit, his eyes on Xiao's figure which was walking his way to the window.

"It's right there."

"When I look out there, it kind of looks like the setting of my past dreams worlds..." Venti gave off an awkward smile as Xiao frowned at his statement... His hallucinations are worsening. He walked back to his chair.

"Am I allowed to drink alcohol while I'm like this?"

"What? No!" Xiao blurted out, raising his voice a bit which made Venti flinch. Xiao realized what he did and started rambling just like Venti once did. "I-im sorry. It's just I am more stressed lately, the professors are putting much more pressure lately and I haven't submitted anything and you're situation here makes me feel worse. I don't know why I did that. I'm so-"

Xiao stopped talking when he felt a cold hand caressing his cheek. Venti wiped the tears from his eyes with his thumb. Xiao didn't realize he was crying. Too much was put on lately, he wasn't even able to sleep.

"Please don't be like this, love..." Venti continued with a warm smile. "The doctor stated I had maybe a month or less left, I don't want to see you like this."

After hearing that, it made Xiao's eyes widen. Tears flooded out even more. "This can't be happening."

It was the first time in his whole life Venti ever saw Xiao act this emotionally. The room was quiet an all was heard were sniffles.