Chapter 6: Within the Abyss, A Light Shines!

Yukio walked up the set of stairs and finds Rio in a priestess-like attire, who speaks to him in a mixed voice of male and female.

Rio: You're not Reginald Kastle... Who are you, trespasser??

Yukio: I came here to get Rio back. So, get out of her body and show yourself.

A card floats to Rio's hand and a spirit appears behind her, taking form of a man with sky blue skin and light green eyes wearing a blue armor slashed with gold and adorned with aquamarine-colored stones. He also wears a gold headpiece on his forehead set with the same aquamarine-colored stone and has black hair and beard arranged in a similar way to Shark's hairstyle.

Alcor then speaks from Yukio's shadow.

Alcor: I recognized that card...

Yukio: What is it, Alcor.

Alcor: It's the 73rd Number, "Abyss Splash"..

The spirit speaks upon hearing Alcor.

Abyss: You may call me "Abyss".. and it's been ages since i last saw you, Alcor, Prince of the North Kingdom.

Alcor: I am grateful for saving me from my desire for revenge... by seperating me from my darkness.

Yukio: "revenge"? Against who?

Alcor went quiet before Abyss speaks again.

Abyss: Enough distractions... I was tasked to awaken Reginald Kastle's true memories. So, leave!

Yukio armed his Duel Disk and D-Gazer on.

Yukio: I'm not going to leave until Rio comes back!

Rio armed her Duel Disk followed by her left eye glowing blue.

Rio: Then i'll make you leave by force.

Rio/Yukio: DUEL!

Rio LP: 4000

Yukio LP: 4000

Turn: Yukio

Yukio special summons a monster from his hand in face up defense position.

Yukio: When there are no monsters on my side of the field, I can special summon Azure Tower Gardna in Defense Position!

Azure Tower Gardna
LV 4 / ATK 1500 / DEF 2800

Yukio then sets three cards.

Yukio: I set three cards and end my turn.

Turn: Rio

Rio draws a card.

Rio: My turn. Draw.

Rio activates a Spell card from her hand.

Rio: I activate the Spell Card, Shield Break. I can target one defense position monster on the field and destroy that target. Say goodbye to your Gardna!

A green beam is fired from Rio's spell card that pierced a hole on Tower Garda, causing him to explode before Yukio shields himself from the blast.

Rio: I summon Gorgonic Golem.

Gorgonic Golem
LV 3 / ATK 1200 / DEF 600

Rio: Next, I special summon Gorgonic Gargoyle by its effect.

Gorgonic Gargoyle
LVL 3 / ATK 1000 / DEF 100

Rio raised her hands up as she speaks.

Rio: I overlay my LV 3 Gorgonic Golem and Gargoyle to build the Overlay Network! I XYZ Summon! Rank 3! Gorgonic Guardian!