Salutation

Dedication to qualifications (Beth) for the wonderful comment on the last chapter. Again thankyou for all your comments, wattpad is still not letting me answer you, but i assure you it's apriciated. 

Chapter three of five, have you been paying attention? We're about to find out... Enjoy.

Mac

---

1st June 2011

His employee is in a band that’s about to go on tour for the first time. He finds himself sat on the counter again with four teenagers sat in front of him playing their instruments with such inspiring enthusiasm, he can’t help but grin. They’ve just hit the chorus of one of their own songs when the door tinkles, moving Azrael’s attention. His spine tingles, shoulders ache and the hairs on the back of his neck raise.

A tanned man in tight black jeans walks in. He’s wearing a loose jumper, exposing some of the tattoo gracing his collar bone. Dark hair curls at the back of his neck and by his ears, in need of a haircut. It’s long on top, but falls into a messy wave where it’s trying to curl in on itself. Azrael want’s to frown at the deep bags and the pull of death that surrounds the man, but doesn’t as the man offers him a tired smile. Something jolts between Azrael’s shoulders and he battles with himself to keep his wings in place.

“Ren dear, turn the band down. We have a customer that want’s our attention.” He grins at her, twisting on the counter and fluidly landing behind it. “Since yah know, we have an actual job.” Azrael rolls his eyes and Serenity does the same as she follows suit with a grin.

“Hey gorgeous, how can I help you?” Azrael asks the customer with a smirk, leaning on his forearms as the man blushes and steps up to the counter.

“I’m looking to get a new bass and it’s my birthday so.” He trails off with a shrugs. “I’d like maybe an Ernie ball or a Fender of some sort.” The guy lifts one shoulder, his jumper sliding down further as he does.

“Sweet, Happy birthday, now where’re we lookin’ price wise?” Azrael ask, kicking his skateboard over and gliding through the store slowly in the direction of the basses, the man following him with long strides and names his price. “Serenity, stop your giggling, and get the test room set up!” He calls over his shoulder with a grin, winking as the man shakes his head and follows Azrael further into the shop.

“My mate said you were a bit mad, ‘m Jeremiel but everyone calls me Jerri.” Jeremiel says, pushing his hands into the pockets of his skinny jeans.

“I have many names, currently everyone calls me Zee.” He shrugs, stepping off the skateboard and kicking it up into his hand without looking. He glances over the stock, pointing out some of the bass guitars to the man besides him, who eventually selects two basses to try and follows Azrael in the direction of the test room.

“So who’s the friend who calls me crazy?” Azrael glances over his shoulder, dropping his skateboard behind the counter as they pass it.

“Just a guy I work with.” Jeremiel shrugs, taking the bass Azrael hands him. He follows Azrael into the booth just as Ren steps out.

“I assume you know what you’re doing?” Azrael says, propping the other bass by the door and stepping back to let the other man in.

“Got a pretty good idea yup.” He’s graced with a quiet giggle that has him battling with his wings again. Azrael steps back with a nod and heads back to the front of the store, rubbing at his chest where it’s stuttering and faltering.

“Boss?” Ren asks, looking at him in worry.

“I’m fine Ren.” He waves a hand in dismissal and takes his spot on the counter again.