Exordium‏

Thankyou for all your lovely comments, I will reply as soon as I can, Wattpad is being weird about it at the moment. In the mean time, here is part two of five.
Enjoy!

Mac

---

It’s 2009 and Azrael feels oddly at home in his new shape. It’s like coming home as he shifts back to the man he was when his wings were torn from him. His hairs shorter now, choppy and what this generation seems to call ‘punk rock’ Azrael guesses his new love of band shirts, skinny jeans, tattoos and piercings doesn’t help him out much on that front.

His love for all things music has become his favourite part of this generation. He finds it rather fitting that he’s running his own music store. It’s a nice change, his shoulders don’t feel so tight with the weight of death.

He spends way too much time playing music from his laptop and was eternally thankful that he was a quick leaner at everything. Technology advanced so quickly nowadays but he was rather a dab hand now. (Tumblr satisfies his inability to sleep.)

It’s late in the day, close to closing time and Azrael is feeling oddly excitable, compared to his normal placid nature. Can you really blame a bloke when he’s been living on the planet for centuries, literally.

He’s sat on the counter, leaning against the end wall, feet propped on the amp on the floor and a guitar slung across his lap. Across from him perched on a stool, guitar across her lap is one of Azrael’s three employees. He’s not going to lie, he pays them way too well just to help with stock. In reality he’s too soft for his own good, got too much money and enjoys the company. He ends up just teaching them to play guitar.

The girl across from him is grinning as he teaches her how to play ‘sweet child o’ mine’, she’s freshly turned 16 and he’s been teaching her to play guitar for years, he hired her when she said she needed a job. Really, all his time with humans has made the carrier soft.

He starts to think he likes living on earth.