Seamus looked shocked, a hand on his cheek, the redness resulting from the force of the slap spreading over his face. He left, still thinking that he would get her back.

_._._._._._._._

Ginny couldn't concentrate on work that day. She had cleaned up the spilled coffee and threw away the shattered cup, but she felt like splitting apart. She had sat there, musing about Seamus. He was so different from the man she had fallen in love with years ago. And yet she still felt the sting of hurt...

Nor could she feel comfortable with Draco that night in his flat. She couldn't shake off the feeling that she wasn't telling him something. Well, I'm not telling him about Seamus, she thought. The problem was that she wasn't sure how he would react to her ex-boyfriend, no, her ex-fiancé. Just the fact that she had almost married the bastard just made everything more complicated.

"Ginevra? Are you alright?"

Ginny shook her head, and then she nodded. She shook her head again. Upon rediscovering she had a voice, she said, "No, I'm fine." She tried to smile, but even she could sense the spuriousness of the attempt.

Draco's eyes were a soft grey. He looked her over, sensed that she wasn't telling him something, and asked, "Do you want to tell me something?"

Ginny jerked her head up. "What?" She hesitated. "No, nothing." Inwardly, she cursed herself, wincing visibly at her response. Why couldn't she just spit out the words? She got up and moved toward the kitchen, avoiding his gaze.

Draco sighed. "Alright then." He couldn't help feeling betrayed that she wouldn't tell him. Maybe it isn't anything important, like she's tired of being hounded by the reporters day in and day out, he thought hopefully.

Ginny came back and Draco tugged at her until she relented and curled up on his lap. He rested his cheek against her soft hair, and she snuggled into his warmth as his arms came around her.

This is so right, she thought sleepily. Draco was encompassing her, surrounding her until all she could feel was Draco, day by day. Moments later, all her thoughts were of him, her problems forgotten.

_._._._._._._._

But they were back the next day. Her hands trembled as she shut off the alarm, almost waiting for another disruption from Seamus. She wondered why she didn't just tell Draco. That would solve a lot of her problems. Yet she went through her day, but got off work early and took the finished wedding favours to Hermione.

Hermione was again rushing around, checking this and that, but she stopped once she saw Ginny's face.

"Ginny? Are you okay?"

Ginny nodded too enthusiastically, clearly showing her distress. She blinked rapidly, as if she was trying hard not to cry. "No."

Hermione was reminded of Ginny's wedding. She had said the same thing in the same tone. Hermione had never forgotten the despair in her voice that day. "What's wrong?" she said gently.

"Seamus –"

"Gin, don't tell me that you're still, " Hermione paused, "pining over him?"

Ginny shook her head. "No."

"So what's wrong?" Hermione pressed."

"He's back." Ginny said in a rush, the words running together.

Hermione's eyes widened and she sat down abruptly. "Bloody hell."

Ginny nodded.

It was clear to Hermione what had happened. Seamus had obviously found out about Draco and came back to take Ginny, the woman who had been a mere girl when he had left her. "That bastard." she whispered.