Theories Of Love

In the morning, Ginny woke up to find Draco already in the shower. He came out just as Ginny was heading to her bedroom to find something. He had obviously found the stack of towels in the bathroom, since he had one wrapped around his waist.

Ginny just stared. He was like a living Adonis. Water dripped down his body, tracing the toned shoulders and abs. Hell, he was toned everywhere. His damp hair was already slightly dry, falling into his eyes. He smirked. "See something you like, Ginevra?"

Ginny woke from her trance and sputtered, "What? No, I was just wondering if you were going to stay for breakfast." She was indignant.

And I'm the king of England. But that wouldn't be very nice to say. He was in her home and decorum called for him to be polite. "That would be good." Then he strode pass Ginny to the guest room to put on his clothes.

Ginny also walked back to her room, trying to forget how he looked standing there with a towel wrapped around his torso.

_._._._._._._

Before breakfast, Draco had another mug of that wonderful lemon tea while Ginny cooked. They were in a comfortable silence, just enjoying the feeling of being with each other.

Then Ginny spoke, sitting down at the table. "I forgot to ask you last night, how was your date with Charlene?"

He couldn't remember, looking at Ginny, remembering how she looked the night before. All he could see were those eyes. "It was good."

"Really? What's she like?" He shrugged. "From what I can see, she's polite and sophisticated and charming. We didn't have that much trouble talking."

Ginny nodded. "That's a good sign."

"Sign?"

"Yeah. I learned about it in university. There are tests for how good or how probable a relationship is or will be. There is still a lot of research being done, but many of the theories are considered to be true."

Draco wasn't really listening. "Charlene's a psychologist. She's actually a relationship counsellor for wizard and witch couples."

Ginny wasn't either. "Like if the couple shares secrets, or is comfortable enough to have nicknames, if they share the same sense of humour. In dates, if they share a copulatory gaze –"

Draco heard that last part. "A what?"

"A copulatory gaze. It's considered a clear sexual signal. All species do it."

"How can you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Like put down and analyse a relationship." Before Ginny could answer, he continued, "You can't pin down the word love."

"But –"

"Ginevra, every couple deserves to be together and not have any conditions, any rules, any limitations. No one should be wondering on the first date whether they had exchanged a copulatory gaze or not. Everyone deserves to have a partner who's willing to face the chaos."

Chaos? "Draco, I wasn't saying that I agreed with anything." She tried to soothe him.

"But you do think that those theories are plausible." He shot back.

"Well, they do make sense." The Weasley temper was beginning to emerge. She leapt out of her chair.

"But that's it! They don't make sense at all. There are so many aspects to the human mind and soul that you can't take a few gazes and hand movements to detect how compatible two people are going to be."