Feeling the Fall

To say that Draco and Ginny fell fast for each other was an understatement. It was a whirlwind romance of seriousness and laughter, quarrels and make ups, dating and kissing.

"I mean, she's amazing. I wonder sometimes why she's with me to start off with."

"Because you practically accosted her in her office?" Blaise snorted.

It was now February, the snow still lightly falling outside Blaise's slightly messy flat. Two months had passed since that fateful day in the doorway of Draco's flat. Draco and Ginny were so into each other it was a wonder why they weren't glued at the hip already; they spent so much time together.

Blaise became more serious. "How are you going to tell her parents?" Thinking about Narcissa, he added, "Or your mother?"

Draco shrugged. It was an unspoken agreement between him and Ginny that they tell neither one of their families they were dating. Draco didn't want to find out what Ginny's million brothers would do to him if they found that he had supposedly seduced their baby sister into his arms. Nor did Ginny want to find out what the last Malfoy besides Draco thought of her, even if Draco kept reassuring her that Narcissa would absolutely love her.

"I don't know. We'll just kind of do it when it's best, I guess. I mean, my mother isn't really dying, and though I love her, I just can't get over the fact that she lied to me."

"She just did it because she loves you, you know." Blaise tried to explain for the hundredth time.

Draco sighed. "I know." Suddenly a thought came to him. Ginny still thought that Narcissa was dying. He had never told her the truth. How could he tell her that she was in fact, perfectly healthy?

_._._._._._._

Everyone could sense the change in Ginny each time they met for the weekly dinner at the Burrow. Except Hermione, who had her own thoughts, no one could guess what had happened to make Ginny act like a young girl again. She giggled and blushed at odd moments, making her brothers look at her oddly.

Harry, though overjoyed at Ginny's happiness, couldn't help asking why. "Hey Gin?"

Ginny was staring out the window remembering her and Draco's last date. It was nothing special really, something that all couples would do. They didn't try to publicize themselves to everyone. The whole wizarding world in England knew of the legendary feud between the Malfoys and the Weasleys. But there was no need to hide either. To Ginny, it was just Draco and Ginevra together.

Draco knocked on Ginny's flat. When she answered, he asked her, "Ginevra, it's snowing. Do you want to go to the park?"

Ginny leaned against the door and smiled. "Does that mean I can throw snowballs at you?"

He kissed her cheek. "I think you'll find it the other way around." Draco smirked.

They walked to the park, holding hands and keeping each other warm. The snow was powdery and over a foot thick.

Ginny stuck out her tongue, catching snowflakes. Draco watched her.

"You don't know what's in that stuff."

Ginny snorted. "Never hurt me before. You try it."

"What?"

"Try it. It's fun." She wore a quirky smile.

Draco had never before seen anyone so determined to make him do such a little thing as catching snowflakes with your tongue. To amuse her, he opened his mouth and stuck out his tongue. To his amazement, he could actually feel the snowflakes falling, melting with a tiny burst of coldness. His startled eyes flickered to Ginny.