Rejected bond (Amerus Soulmate AU pt 1)

Start from the beginning

'Sorry sir' he apologized in his head.

Looking down on his empty notebook, he took a look of the red thread tied to his pinky, swirling it around to distract himself from the class. It always made him smile when he saw it, shining softly against his skin in a sparkling red, its glow gentle and, mind you, a very good night light for when he couldn't sleep.

Sometimes he wondered who was the person on the other side. Had they met already? Where they nice? Maybe they liked the same things that him!

He daydreamed about scenarios and possibilities.

The teacher turned around for the hundredth time and he tensed, immediately trying to hide his sleepiness and pretending he was taking notes. He stopped when he followed the direction of the worried gaze of the teacher towards Russia.

He rolled his eyes.

Why would the teacher worry about that guy? He had no idea. Everyone knew better than to get close to the tall antisocial, and even if he did look a little bit sick lately, he would get over it in no time.

It was probably in his genetics or something.

He started erasing the swirling lines he had made on his notebook as soon as the teacher turned around to keep writing on the board, saying something about that boring book he had been explaining for three weeks.

Something about a classic book? He shrugged, it wasn't as if it mattered.

Once the pages were clean, he turned his head to look at the russian.

Ever since he had transferred, the rumours about who he was had started to spread and, at first, he had thought they were only that, rumors. People were talking about the guy being part of a family that was involved in not very good stuff, something about his dad being in a gang or something.

When the tall man with an eye patch had come to the school for the first time by a teacher's request, he had understood exactly why. He was scary, to say the least and while Russia seemed sometimes like a mere introvert, the fact that his family was definitely up to no good made it difficult to believe.

Damn, even his own dad had told him to not get involved with them!

"They look like bad business" the blue country had murmured to him one day as the others entered a beaten down car.

But everything had turned personal when his baby brother Can had started dating the weird guy's younger brother.

As much as Canada talked about the smaller country with sparkling eyes and burning blushes, he could not believe a single word that his lovestruck brother said. Ukraine seemed sweet, sure, but he knew better than to believe the cover of a book or however the saying went. The guy was probably manipulating his softhearted brother into a bad path.

They had fought about it dozens of times and he had almost told their father, but Can had begged him not to do so.

"Dad's going to kill me if he finds out!" Canada has whispered taking his hands with pleading eyes.

"The one who's gonna kill you is their father if he finds out you're dating his son. Or maybe not and they want you to join whatever they're involved with! I don't know what's worse!" He had replied in an exasperated voice.

Canada swore that the tall country with an eye patch was nothing but a novelist, if only a bit eccentric, but it was clear that he had been brainwashed already.

America sighed, focusing on his notebook again and suppressing a yawn, his eyes watering as he exhaled deeply.

He opened his eyes and blinked his peripheral vision catching something unusual. He rubbed his eyes, trying to make sure it wasn't sleep making him see things.