chapter 8

I know I just skipped some parts T-T--------------------------------------------------------------Draal: By Kanjigar's honor, I would have made your death swift and painless, but, for that act of cowardice, I will show you no mercy when I take bac...

--------------------------------------------------------------
Draal: By Kanjigar's honor, I would have made your death swift and painless, but, for that act of cowardice, I will show you no mercy when I take back what's rightfully mine. Bid farewell to your loved ones, Jim "the Dead Meat." [Grunts]

Y/n: welp, we'll try to see that.... later

Jim: [sighs and sweatdrops] I'm actually going to die....

Toby: [sighs]
--------------------------------------------------------------
Nomura: what was I to do? The boy turned them on me. The goblins were supposed to hide our tracks, not lead them to us!

Strickler: I will see to it that your mess is cleaned up.

Strickler moved the blanket sheet, to see bular making his blade sharper, then turned to Nomura.

Strickler: I'm sorry. You've been compromised.

Nomura: [growls at strickler but looks at bular in fear?] Please bular, Bular, spare me.

Bular: Groveling, impure?

Nomura: You need me. If you dispose of me, whi will replace me? The boy already knows I'm a changling. How long do you think it will take for him to find out Strickler is one, too?

Strickler: We'll cross that bridge when we get there... without you.

Nomura was shocked, then bular started to Roar at her and try to kill her. But she dodged out of the way and saw the darkland teleport thing.

Nomura: Wait! I've acquired the fetch!

Bular: The fetch? More changeling?

Strickler: But we are nearly finished. What good would it be to bring another--

Before bular put a sword near his neck.

Bular: Be quiet, Impure.

Bular was angry, but strickler decides to be quiet and bular turned back to Nomura.

Bular: Go on.

Nomura: Think how proud your father will be to see his legion grow.

Bular: Prepare the exchange. In case we're ever one changeling short.
--------------------------------------------------------------
You were inside of your room looking up at the ceiling thinking to yourself.
--------------------------------------------------------------
You were sighing and helping Jim with cooking.

Barbara: Blueberry waffles? Bacon Mac and cheese? Shrimp cakes? What is this, a last meal?

Y/n: Well, Jim wanted to bake cookies, we decided to make your favorite, and then well.... all of your favorites.

Barbara: If Jim thinks this is going to get him out of apologizing to Ms. Nomura--

Jim: Hey, can't we just have dinner? We've both been so busy. When's the last time we all really sat down and talked?

Barbara: I'll help set the table.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Barbara: Oh! That was delicious. I don't know what I'd do without you, kiddo and n/n. I'd be ten pounds lighter, but...

Jim: Well, you deserve it.

Barbara: Shrimp cakes? Gosh, I haven't had those since...

Jim: Dad made them for us?

Barbara: [chuckles] I didn't think you were old enough to remember.

Jim: Oh, I remember enough. I remember how his beard would scratch my face when he hugged me and n/n. How he used to make you laugh. But, most of all, how much he hurt you when he left.

Y/n: ....

Barbara: Jim, where is this coming from?

Jim: No matter what happens to me, I would never leave you and y/n like that.  At least, well... [chuckles] not by choice. You're an amazing person. And I just want you to know I'll always love you.

Barbara: don't you start that talk with me.  I'm still hoping you'll end up close at an in-state college. Now, help me clear the dishes. We are going to wrap these up for tomorrow. You have to give that waffle recipe. If there's anything I could eat forever, it's waffles.

Jim puts a letter inside the cooking book.

Jim: It's here when you need it.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Vendel: Gathered trollkind! The trollhunter has laid a challenge before the son of his Predecessor, and you shall all bear witness to the ensuing battle, which will be one for the ages...

Vendel says "if not remarkably painful and short." quietly.

The trolls begins to cheer.

Jim: Hey, I.... I want you two to have this.

Toby: You promised me tacos.

Y/n: hm, hm, hm (and you promised me to hang out)

Jim: Now is not the time for lunch and going somewhere, tobes and n/n.

Toby: Last week, we went for tacos. I paid. You said, "Next time on me."

Y/n: And you're going to get this letters unopened after the fight, and when you get back.

Jim: [chuckles] okay, if you two say so.

Then they turn due to vendel's voice.

Vendel: Draal, son of Kanjigar, son of Tarigar, Draal "the Destroyer," come forth.

Then draal came due to rolling.

Timeskip to after the fight

Toby: Yes! He did it!

Y/n: *sighs in relief*

Blinky: It's not over yet. He has to finish the fight.

Both y/n and toby with AAARRRGGHH frowns at that.

Crowd: [chanting] Finish the fight! Finish the fight!

Jim gets his sword while Draal is hanging off a cliff. Before Jim stabs draal, he stabs the floor and gives draal his hand. And y/n can somehow hear them.

Draal: The fight is to the death.

Jim: House rules, not mine.

Draal didn't take his hand.

Jim: Come on, man. Don't make it weird.

Draal took his hand, and Jim helps him up, and with that the crowd started booing.
--------------------------------------------------------------
End of chapter 8
Word typed: 894 words