SANO MANJIRO X READER

Start from the beginning

"Don't touch her." He whispered in a calm but firm tone. His eyes are stating otherwise, it is filled with murderous intent.

The man behind you chuckled. He might not feel it, but you know, there is something odd arising inside Mikey right now. You know his patience and the remaining control in himself is so little at the moment.

"You have nothing to do with this, Mikey!" The man behind you shouted and laughed like he's turning insane, "This girl needs to pay for what she'd done. Just give her to me as a little gift, will you?"

Mikey stayed silent. His eyes are cold. The atmosphere around him feels suffocating. He's slowly losing it.

You feel the metal digging a little in your throat and you curse when you feel a little blood coming out of your skin. Mikey looks extremely dangerous this time and you don't want it. You don't want to see him lose control.

"Manjiro," You call his name to get his attention, "Don't let your demons get out of control."

"What the fuck?" The man behind you asked and you finally lost your patience.

With strength and rapidness, you immediately hold the knife's blade away from your throat, use one of your feet to get the man out of his balance, before you turn around fast and punch him straight on the face, before he falls on the ground... unconscious.

His eyes are emotionless, like he's out of himself as he sees some small amount of blood on your throat, and your palm bleeding continuously. He isn't able to move and you know what's happening to Mikey right now. He might lose himself. He can't control the darkness inside him. He's staring into your eyes with such hollowness, like he doesn't recognize you.

"Mikey!" You call once again to get his attention and stop him from spacing out before you run towards his direction and hug him tightly.

Manjiro stays still, he's still silent.

"I'm alive...I'm here, get yourself back. Please." You whispered softly in assurance as you rested your head on his chest, "I'm here. I'm safe... go back to your senses."

You feel him breathing normally this time and slowly, his arms raise to gently caress the back of your head, making you smile gently. He's back again, finally.

"You're safe." He repeated in an almost inaudible voice. You can feel the concern and relief in his voice.

"Mikey..." You started, still hugging him.

"Hmmm?"

You feel your wound in the side of the stomach ache incredibly, like it's tearing your flesh apart. It's been aching lately but you tried to bear it as much as you can, but now, it's just unbearable.

"Catch me, I'll fall."

With those words, your body finally gives up and Manjiro catches your body from falling. He gently carries you in a bridal style, as his eyes stare into yours. You are still conscious but you can't move an inch in your body as it aches too bad. You feel paralyze, both from pain and from his stares.