feb. 3rd

-day 3-

The loud blaring of your now least favorite song echoed through the walls of you bedroom. You groan, turn the alarm off and then start a pretty pathetic attempt to keep sleeping, which led to you just becoming even more frustrated. Grumpily, you went to the bathroom and did everything that you were supposed to do there. After getting dressed in your school uniform you headed downstairs to see your mom, serving a plate of your favorite pancakes. She sat down in front of you as you ate the pancakes happily.

"I found you sleeping yesterday, and I'd rather have you enjoying the dinner than just feeling like you were forced to be there"

You completely forgot about the dinner last night all because you were tired. You halted eating your now almost empty plate of pancakes because you felt bad and spoke.

"Can we go out tonight then? I feel bad for missing out on it last night"

"You don't have to feel sorry, I knew you were tired. Of course we can go out later"

You smile and nod excitedly. You quickly eat the remainder of your pancakes and brush your teeth. Your mom prepares to leave for work while you were still brushing your teeth. When she was ready, she waved to you before going out the door. You hear the slamming of a car door and then the rev of a car engine and then you looked out of the window to see her car driving off into the distance. You wrap up the act of brushing your teeth and head out the door, not forgetting to lock it behind you. On your way to school, Hyunjin joins you on the walk and the two of you chatted while walking leisurely. But a quick look on Hyunjin's watch proved that none of you had the time for that and the both of you sprinted towards the school gates. After hurriedly retrieving your book from your locker you raced down the now empty hallways, because everyone was in class and as soon as you flung the door of your classroom open, with everybody staring at you, the bell rang. You breathed out a sigh of relief, as you had still made it on time. You closed the door behind you and made your way to your seat, where another rose and note sat there on your desk waiting for you. You picked up the note so that you can read it.

They look at me
When I'm looking at you
I don't give a damn
'cause it's all I can do
please don't go breaking my heart,
tell me you're aching for me now
baby, baby

-bc

While invested in the note, you hear your classroom door open, revealing your teacher. You hurriedly take a seat, shove both the note and rose into your bag for the third time and take out the things you actually needed.

Time Skip : lunch

You hurriedly exit the classroom, pretty excited to tell Hyunjin about the note you had received today. You enter the cafeteria to see him, seated in the table only the two of you use, this time with two trays of cafeteria food in front of him. You made your way towards the table in mild shock.

"Did you run out of time today?"

"Not really, we just ran out of ingredients. This one's yours."

He says and pushes one of the food trays in front of you. You nod in understanding and begin eating. After you swallowed your first spoonful of food, you bring up the note.

"I got another one today."

Hyunjin nods as if he was expecting it and gestures for you to show him the note. You rummaged in your bag for a bit before pulling out the now somewhat crumpled note. You give the note to him before shoving another spoonful of food into your mouth. He gives you back the note after a quick look and you put it back inside your bag. The two of you continue eating, talking and joking about who might have sent the notes.

"How about Lee Minho?"

"The dance club's vice-president? Nah, I think he's the type to just tell you directly."

"Han Jisung? The one from the music club? I heard he has a way with words."

"I hope not."

He says, the mood at the table instantly worsening. Realizing this was probably the reason he was rather tense yesterday, you tell him about the hangout you and your mom were going to have later. The mood was once again less awkward and the two of you begin discussing options again. Sooner than the both of you would like, the bell rings. The two of you hurriedly return your lunch trays and part ways, both dreading your incoming classes.

time skip: end of school

You walk out the gates to see Hyunjin waiting again, his classes probably ended earlier than yours again. You go up to him.

"Let's go?"

He nods and the two of you begin your walk home. You walked with a small spring in your step, excited for the precious bonding time you and your mom would share later. Hyunjin's face was plastered with a happy smile as he watched you skip around happily. Soon, the two of you reached your house, and you entered the house after you bid Hyunjin goodbye. You rushed up to your bedroom to get yourself ready and after going back and forth on what you were going to wear for a good 10 minutes, you decide on a simple but pretty outfit and just when you finish, you hear your front door open. You rush to grab your sling bag containing your belongings and race down the stairs. Your mother had just arrived back from work, thankfully, she didn't look tired, as if she did, you didn't think you'd feel comfortable spending her time that could've just been used for her to rest.

"Are you ready to go?"

You nod excitedly and after she changes out of her work uniform, the both of you exit your home, excited for what was to come.

*insert doing fun & meaningful things bcs most of the meaningful moments I spend with my mom involve me crying so I have nothing to write about*

The two of you return home, tired but happy and content. The two of you bid each other good night, and head off to your respective bedrooms. Exhausted, you fell asleep as soon as your head hit your pillow, a happy and colorful dream awaiting you.

----------------------

I'm still really sorry for forgetting to update yesterday kjhgiujhyg

Here's a chapter being published on the day its supposed to be kjhgfd