⇛ 𝐂𝐇 𝟐𝟒

Start from the beginning

"what?!" she exclaimed. "why?!"

"oh, everybody loves a little drama here and there. i bet the capitol would eat it up and you eight would be a hot topic for a long time." he hummed, doing strange hand gestures.

"jungwoo, i don't want that." jihyun sighed. "i'm exhausted. i don't like being watched from every angle and being talked about every day. i don't want fame. i want quiet."

"i understand." he said, sympathetically. "i was only joking, kid. but... you know if you do like one of them and need my help..."

"jungwoo!"

"okay, sorry!"

early morning came and they boarded the train that would take them to district twelve in a few hours where jihyun would be meeting the other seven and have a brief interview with caeser. then tomorrow they would begin their speeches.

when they arrived in district twelve they were taken to the victor's village where donghyuck lived. there were cameras set up all over the place, pointing directly at jihyun and the door of his house, waiting for it to open.

and when it finally did, out walked the ethereal boy who had dyed his hair a lighter brown, contemplating his skin and eyes even better. he was wearing a black turtle neck and black pants underneath a trench coat. he looked as good as always.

jihyun had completely forgotten about the several cameras and rushed forwards, wrapping her arms around the boy. they nearly fell to the floor, laughing as he hugged her back.

"i'm so incredibly happy to see you." she whispered against his shoulder.

"me too." he whispered back, then pulled her by the shoulders, taking in her appearance. her re-dyed red hair had gotten a little longer which he knew she was probably glad about. "you look well, healthy, joyful."

"now that i get to see you, donghyuck." she said, lightly punching his shoulder.

"haechan."

"what?"

"i go by haechan now." he grinned.

"that's new. why?" another voice asked before jihyun could.

the pair turned around to see mark, jeno and jaemin. mark had cut his hair but kept it black and had it nicely styled on his forehead. he was wearing a large red jumper paired with beige pants and black shoes.

jeno now had platinum blonde fluffy hair that jihyun so badly wanted to run her hands through. he was also wearing a jumper but it was striped black and white with a large coat on top.

jaemin like don— haechan, also had light brown hair but a slightly different shade. oddly enough he was wearing a suit.

they all looked expensive and jihyun felt a little self-conscious about the fact that she forced jungwoo to pick warmth over nice fashion for appearing on tv for the first time after six months. but a large grin appeared on her face as she ran over to hug them, haechan soon joining her.

"jihyun, hey." mark greeted.

"hey?" she laughed at his awkward greeting which made him smile.

"foxy, how've you been?" jaemin asked, ruffling her hair. "donghyuck— i mean haechan, you?"

"been well." haechan replied after hugging mark and jeno.