Chapter 51

~Brielle's POV~
-May-
The twins are now 8 weeks old and they have an appointment today. I decided I'll go back to work when they are a year old.
Alyssa has shift today, but she's able to go in a little later because she wanted to go to the appointment.

I was playing with the twins on the bed as Alyssa was in the shower.
I was playing peekaboo with them.
"Peekaboo!" I laughed and tickled them.
They love it and smiled.
Alyssa came into our room.
"Hey, go shower now, I'll watch them." Alyssa told me.

I showered and got ready. Then we got the babies ready.
"They're 8 weeks old already..." I smiled.
"Yea I know, it's insane." Alyssa smiled.

We got in the car and headed over to Med.
"Hey, I have an appointment today for my son and daughter." I said.
"Ok, can I get the names, ages, and proof of insurance?" The nurse asked.
"Skylar Severide and Cameron Severide. They're both 8 weeks old and here are the insurance cards." I said.

"Ok perfect, Dr. Manning will be with you guys in a bit, just wait in the waiting room." The nurse told us.
We sat in the waiting room.
Then Skylar started crying.
"What's wrong, baby?" I asked, bopping her up and down in the arms.

"I think she's hungry." Alyssa said.
"Can you get me a blanket from the diaper bag?" I asked.
Alyssa got me a lightweight blanket and I covered myself as I fed Skylar.

Then Cameron started crying.
"He's hungry too." Alyssa laughed.
"Come here, Cam." I laughed and fed him too.

Then we heard their names.
"Hey you guys! How are you?" Natalie said when she entered the room.
"Been good!" we said.
"Ok so... let's start with Skylar." Natalie said.

She checked Skylar.
"Ok, she's a good weight, height, healthy baby girl!" Natalie said.
Then we switched them.

After we were done at Med, we had to drop Alyssa off at shift.
"Love you, my love." Alyssa kissed me.
"Go save some lives." I smiled.
"Be good for mama you two." Alyssa told the twins.
Obviously since they are 8 weeks they didn't understand anything.

"Say bye mommy!" I laughed and grabbed the twins' hands.
"I'll get Violet to drop me off at the house tomorrow." She told me before leaving.

Once Alyssa was dropped off, we went home.
"Let's get you guys down for your nap..." I said. I put the twins to sleep and picked up Alyssa and I's room.
Once that was done, I cleaned up the downstairs. All of a sudden I dropped a pan in the sink, making a loud noise.

I listened to see if it woke up the babies.
Then I heard crying.
I went upstairs and saw Cameron crying, and Skylar was waking up. I picked up Cameron, bopping him up and down in my arms and rubbing Skylar's chest so she wouldn't wake up and calm down.

After about 5 minutes they both went back to sleep and have about 30 minutes left of their nap. The minute I left the room, Skylar got fussy again.
"Shhh Sky... go back to sleep for just 30 more minutes..." I whispered to her.

She would get better once I calm her down, but then the minute I leave, she gets fussy again. I tried to give her a pacifier, feed her, checked to see if she needed to be changed, but nothing would work.

"Ok, how about you finish your nap in mama's arms? How does that sound?" I asked, picking her up.
She was on my chest and fell fast asleep.

I laid on the couch with her on my chest. I was tired too so I fell asleep as she was asleep.
After their nap was done, I woke them up and played with them a bit. I had a toy for them each, and they tried to reach out for it.

About 15 minutes later, I heard some noise downstairs.
"Hey babe? Where are you?" I heard Alyssa.
"In the nursery!" I yelled out.
She came in and smiled.