Chapter eleven

Casey's pov

Two days had passed since my scuffle with Travis but it was still the only thing that anyone wanted to discuss. There was a mixture of people who were cheering me on, and people who wanted me dead for injuring the star player close to football season.

I was late to Literature and prayed that the professor wouldn't say anything, and luckily he didn't. At least there was one thing to be happy about. 2 hours later, I had notes I didn't understand and an assignment that I was dreading, but at least I was done with classes for the day.

"Heyoooooo!" I heard someone screaming behind me and could only assume it was my friend Brian. I turned, only seeing a flash before getting choked in a hug.

It took a second to get him off me. "Well good evening to you too, sir." The wind had been knocked clean out of me so it was hard to speak.

Brian clapped my shoulders with his hands and looked up at me with an intense facial expression. "Beating up Travis Kane? That's willlld."

"Are you only finding out about this now, dude?" My eyebrow raised as I looked at him.

He explained that he'd been to hungover to function for the last two days. Apparently he didn't stop drinking after the party which sent him down a road seldom travelled. I scoffed a bit which earned me a slap on the arm. We talked for a little while longer, then parted ways to go study.

I entered our room which, to my surprise and slight happiness, was empty. Now, I loved talking to Izzie, but after what had been going on recently it was nice to finally have thinking space. My bag dropped off my shoulders and I didn't bother to pick it up as I got my books out. I spent the next few hours in silence, trying to sort out my overdue papers. It was a wonder that I was still in school at this point.

Izzie's pov

It had dawned on me that picking night classes for a Monday was a horrible idea. Maneuvering around the campus in the dark was terrifying and at the end of the day I was so exhausted that it was hard to put together coherent sentences. I could barely keep my eyes open during my world history class.

At the end of all of it, it was 10:30 PM and I had to navigate across the quad and up 3 floors of the dorm building in pitch darkness. It was quite pathetic since I had to use my phone torch - and some dimly lit lamps - to get around, but I made it.

I ran into my friend Shannon as I entered the building. She looked just as finished as I did but for different, non-academic reasons. "Well if it isnt my dear friend Isabela. Girl how have you been? I saw the Casey thing online, is she ok?" She chimed, walking up to me.

"Hey Shannon. Yeah Casey's alright. Just a few minor injuries is all." I lazily entered Shannon's hug and squeezed back as best as I could.

We talked for a brief few minutes. Listening to her complain about her boyfriend made me more tired, so I ended that conversation quickly and went to my room. When I got in, Casey was asleep. Not on her bed though, on a pile of books and papers on her desk. I'd have left her like that but I was worried about her back.

"Baby...." I whispered and kissed her forehead softly. She stirred, visibly waking up, and smiled softly at me with her eyes slowly opening.

She yawned. "Hey Izzie." Her voice was a bit quiet because she'd been sleeping. It was cute. She yawned again and I bent down to kiss her gently.

We hadn't really talked the whole day, so it was good to hear her voice. She briefly told me about her day then went to change. I did the same thing and slid into my bed, soon blacking out. The last thing I felt before I fell asleep was Casey's arm wrapping around my waist and a kiss on the back of my neck.

A/n

"Hello, is it me you're looking for?" I've received several comments begging for an update, so here you go. I'll be updating this more now, so look out, because I am now freshly motivated to work on this book :)