Space, huh? Like I can.

"Are your parents rogues too?" I ask and she sighs. She looks like she doesn't want to answer my question.

"They are." She replies but I can see that it's a lie. A clear lie.

"Why did you guys move here?"

"She wanted to be a chef and she got a job here."

Lie.

"We both wanted a silent life. So, I got a job here too."

Lie. "Hm. Did anyone tell you that you are bad liar?"

"Of course. Your mate reminds me of that every day."

I can't help the smug smile on my face. My mate. Walking close to her, I look into her eyes. "How about you start speaking truth now?"

We all sit down in my office. She is sitting in front of me. Kyle is guarding the door and Derek is sitting beside her.

"What do you want to know?"

"Everything." Of course, everything. I want to know all about how and why she is here. There is something that Clara is hiding about her and I need to know what it is to protect her if she is in some kind of danger.

"Look, I know that she is your mate and all, but I don't trust you." She speaks the truth finally. It's not good but it's something. Derek and Kyle get frustrated as she says that. "She has been through some stuff in childhood and if I have to tell you everything, I need to know that I can trust you."

Childhood stuff? I don't blame her though. It is good that my mate is protected by her sister. I need to be rational here. I need to know the situation to get close to her, to my mate.

"You know that you are not leaving here without telling us anything, right?" Derek threatens. Before I can stop him, she speaks.

"You can try to stop me." She is stubborn and strong. I smile internally. Derek always loves challenges. "You can cut me open, but still I am not telling you anything."

Derek, Kyle and me all share a look. We can't threaten her. We can't hurt her, she is my mate's sister. Although hurting her was never the thought. She caused no harm to our pack. We don't hurt anyone without reason.

"Mark is here." Kyle informs. Mark is our Beta. He has been out of town and returned just today.

"Stop it!" Clara shouts. We all look at her and she looks embarrassed. What is that about? "Sorry. My wolf is just-"

"Good morning, Alpha. What's that sme-" Mark speaks as he comes in, but stops as he looks at Clara. Their eyes meet and they just stare at each other. I know that look.

"No! Come on!" Derek shakes his head. Kyle grins. "This is cheesy as shit!" Derek says.

"Mate." Mark whispers.

"Fuck!" Clara turns to me quickly. "Look, give me a week." She speaks as if she just did not meet her mate. How is she so strong? How can she not react after meeting her mate? It's like he doesn't even exist. Mark looks confused and hurt.

"A week? No."

"It's for her. A week is all I ask."

"Not happening. If you don't trust me, I get it. But you guys are moving here to my pack house today."

"What am I supposed to tell her? Even if we move here, what if she sees a wolf turning into human? You can't just drop all of that on her."

"Then you move into the house that we can surveillance." She opens her mouth to speak, but I cut her off. "No more discussion on that. I don't care what you will tell her. She will be protected whether or not she is in danger." She nods her head. There is no choice in this matter. "You will be moving there tomorrow."

"Damn you Alphas and your controlling issues." She curses under her breath but we can all hear her. "Fine."

"Remember. A week." I am not giving a day more than that.

"Yes." She turns round and knocks over the pen stand. "Oh, I am so sorry." She bends down and picks them up before setting it down on the table. As she turns around to leave, Mark grabs her hand and pulls her with him.

I am not surprised. He really held his patience till now. He met his mate and she didn't even acknowledge him.

Why is she so paranoid? What happened? Something is definitely the matter. Why the week though?

"That was weird." Kyle says.

"Did anyone see her sneaking in a pen?" Derek asks. We shake our heads no. "She did. What does she need it for?"

"Something is definitely wrong. If they have same parents, how can she not be a wolf?" I can't help but wonder.

"Maybe they don't have same parents. Maybe she is a step-sibling." Derek says. I sigh.

"Get my house in the town ready. They will be shifting there tomorrow."

"Yes, Alpha." Kyle leaves.

"Do you have any work for me?" Derek asks.

"Oh yes. Is the border patrol running well?"

"Yes."

"Have you found you mate yet?"

"What? No! You would know if I did."

"Good. Let's go stalk my mate then."

I get up and grab my car keys. I can't wait to see her blue eyes and breathe her scent.

Oh Angela, what have you done to me?

A/N:

Hey my cute dumplings!

Stalking your mate is nothing creepy. Right? I don't know. What do you think?

Please VOTE and COMMENT.