Chapter Seven

Fez learned to tolerate parties. They went from being fun, to cool to just...business. He had never went to parties to make friends.

"Aight, yknow the deal bro," Fez dapped up Ash as he leaned against the hood of the car infront of the party. "Hit me if you need sum' and keep yo phone on."

Ash knew the layout already. While he sold to the younger teens, the ones too scared to ask his scary, older brother, he also took the time to kick it with his 'friends'.

Fez had found a couch quickly. Once spotted, customers would come up, asking for shit, leaving then coming back for more. Fez inwardly smiled, business was already surpassing what he had counted for.

As the night went on, he quickly became bored with himself. He thought to shoot a text to Lexi but didn't want to bother her but after looking up from his cup, he seemed to be mistaken.

Dancing in the middle of the room was Lexi Howard herself. And she looked fucking sexy. Her girlfriends were around her, hyping her up as she danced. While some would say it was mediocre compared to Maddy or Cassie, Fez thought she looked like a million bucks.

"Damn," He muttered, lifting his joint to his lips, hopefully to clear his thoughts. It didn't work because soon, Lexi locked eyes with him.

For the Night by Pop Smoke played in the background. It was as if she had let the music take over her, slowly walking, no strutting to Fez. He'll be the first to say, she looked good as fuck but about 6 other dudes in the room thought the same as they stared at her.

But Lexi's eyes were zoned in on the red head in front of her. He looked absolutely delectable. Fez was manspreading on the couch, a hand lazily placed on the inside of his leg.

Lexi went crazy for manspreading. It made him look 10 times more confident, laid back and sexy. She loved it.

"Look who's here," Fez smirked at the sight of Lexi's flushed face. "Looking as beautiful as ever."

Neither knew whether or not her red face meant that she was blushing or just hot.

"Look at you," Lexi replied smoothly. "I really like this chain on you." She leaned forward, grasping the chain softly. It was an innocent comment from Lexi but the way she said it made it seem as if there were a double meaning.

"Oh yea? You like it?" Fez was amused. She was obviously not sober so he'd take compliments from her easily. It helped with his ego.

"Very much so," She grinned.

"I ain't ever seen you like this before," Fez states, talking about her appearance and drunkenness. He took a drag from his blunt and let the smoke slowly creep past his lips. Lexi shrugged, not sure how to reply.

"I can let loose every once in a while," This was false. Lexi never got past tipsy, she liked being in control of her actions, for the most part. "Is that okay?"

"As long as you're okay," Fez meant this. He didn't want her drinking if it was meant to wash away sorrows or to forget about something. He wanted her to drink because she wanted to have fun and be happy.

"I'm more than okay, especially now that you're here," Lexi was a goddamn flirt! Fez couldn't believe how upfront she was being but he wasn't going to stop her any time soon. While he loved her shyness, it made him feel like the feelings were one sided a lot.

Lexi adjusted herself so the pair was sitting side by side touching. Fez thought this was bold. They hadn't talked about what they were but he had assumed she wouldn't exactly want to be seen with the town's drug dealer in town.

Can't Leave 'Em Alone by Ciara started to play on the speakers. Lexi loved the fuck out of this song and voiced her thoughts.

"Oh my gosh, this song is so good!" She stood and brought Fez to his feet as she danced goofily. Fez only leaned against the wall next to the couch with crossed arms. He watched as a bright smile graced her face.

Fez thought she looked so beautiful. He had never seen Lexi so carefree, not worrying about her actions or those around her. She danced comfortably in front of Fez. It was his presence that made her comfortable and safe.

"I can't leave em alone! I tried that good boy game but the dope boy's turnin me on!" Lexi sang as she pointed straight at Fez at the 'dope boy' part, looking at him up and down. Fez actually chuckled at her boldness. "It's just he knows what I want!"

These two were a sight. As Lexi danced, pointing at Fez in her pink, girly dress, Fez looked like the exact opposite of her, wearing all black with a chain and a small look of amusement on his face.

"What do we have here?" Rue popped up, like the ninja she is. Lexi stopped dancing in surprise.

"Damn Rue, almost gave her a heart attack." Fez mumbled as he leaned to sit on the armrest of the couch. He, mindlessly pulled Lexi to him, making her stand between his legs with his arms around her waist.

Despite being drunk, Lexi's heart started to beat faster. She definitely read about this scene in books, never expecting it to happen to her.

"Sorry, just saw you two over here being real cozy, thought I should ruin it." Rue menacingly smiled. She was surely on something but Lexi decided that was a problem for her tomorrow.

"So what exactly is going on with you two?" Rue was curious. There wasn't much people around them, just the occasional person would pass by. This made Lexi and Fez feel okay with their touching.

It wasn't like there were people staring at them, wanting to figure out why the dealer and the goodie two shoes were touching each other in a way that definitely wasn't just friendly.

"What? We can't hang out?" Lexi defensively asked. Fez thought this was amusing.

"Uhm, last I checked, you two didn't even know each other two weeks ago?" Rue replied. "What gives?"

"Listen Rue, what's going on between Lex and I,"

"Ooo, 'Lex', that's a lil nickname."

"Is between us two. We can hang out with each other without you making a big deal." Fez finished, ignoring her little tease.

"Yea yea, all I'm sayin is, I see you two and I happen to love it," Rue sent the pair a heart shaped hand signal and blew a kiss before retreating, satisfied that she now knows they aren't just acquaintances.

———

Wonder how Lexi will feel tomorrow lmaooo