Chapter 4

"I will be a mortal."

"If you insi-"

"WHAT?! NO NO NO, I WILL BE IMMORTAL!"
HuTao came storming into the room, furious.

"I DON'T WANT YOU TO DIE WITH ME, YOU'RE AN ADEPTUS! THE PROTECTOR OF LIYUE FOR CELESTIA SAKE!"

"Director Hu, I-"

"NO, XIAO, PLEASE, IF I DIE IT'S ALRIGHT! YOU HAVE TO LIVE!"

"HuTao..."
Xiao got up and clenched his fist.

"I don't want to loose another person dear to me, or I will loose myself. I'd rather die than to stay mad for another century."

"I don't want to hear it from you! Who will protect Liyue! The old man retired and faked his own death-"

Zhongli choked on his tea and coughed.

"-and goodness knows what happened to the other Adeptus! Every time a crisis fall apon Liyue, you are the one protecting it! Expect when that three headed lizard of the ocean-"

"Osial."
Zhongli corrected.

"Yea yea whatever. Anyway, the risk is low but it isn't zero! Xiao, I want to protect Liyue along side of you! As an immortal being and not a mere mortal!"

Xiao hessitated.
HuTao grabbed his clenched fist and held it close to her chest.

"Please?"

Only the sound of Zhongli sipping his tea was heard.

"Oh all right, but if the injection fails and HuTao dies, I will turn myself into a mortal and kill myself."

"You take that ba-"

"It's decided then. Director Hu, Xiao, please sign this contract. It's no use hiding the fact I am the Geo Archon from you, Director Hu."

Zhongli pulled out a piece of paper and laid it gently on the table, as if he knew the contract will be used on that day.

Before HuTao could speak, Xiao quickly signed and pushed Hutao forward.

Mumbling curses under her breath, she snatched the pen and signed her name beside Xiao's.

"Shall we start?"
Zhongli hid the contract carefully under his suit.

"Wait, now?"
HuTao gasped.

"Yes. Ganyu, if you may."

"Hold on, this is going too quickly, and Ganyu? Since when you were here?"
Xiao exclaimed.

Ganyu squeaked and shyly walked over from a nearby window, holding a tray of medical devices, including the needle.

"Rex Lapis expected this to happen because Mrs YanFei told him about it via phone call. He wanted me to standby the window with the needle and wait until I was called..."

As Ganyu was speaking, Zhongli took off his suit, rolled up his sleeve and dabbed an achohol swab on his wrist.

"Gosh I hate needles, it looks like a mini polearm piercing me and sucking my blood..."
Zhongli mumbled as Ganyu carefully took bits of his blood.

"Director Hu, if you may."
He nodded towards the empty seat.

HuTao nervously sat down as Xiao laid a hand on her shoulder.

"Here goes nothing..!"
HuTao laughed nervously as she rolled up her sleeve.

Ganyu injected the blood into HuTao.

Almost immediately, HuTao started to feel dizzy. Her head hurts and her vision blurs.

On the other's point of view, the watched as Hutao's hair glow red and her eyes roll to the back of her head.

"HuTao?! HUTAO! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!"
Xiao yelled and HuTao's limp body fell on his arms.

"I knew it, it's all a mistake! I should've never agreed to this!"
Xiao cried.

"Xiao, give her some time. She's not dead."
Zhongli sips his tea.

"How can you be so sure?! Why are you so calm?!"
Xiao screamed, eyes gleaming with tears.

Zhongli nodded towards Hutao's body.

"How surprising, she looks just like the pyro yaksha."
Zhongli smiled.

Xiao looked back at her.
Sure enough her hair glows a dark red with yellow tips, just like the pyro yaksha.
A big smile was plastered across Hutao's face. Her eyes filled with tears too.

"HUTAO!"
He cried and hugged her.

"Dork. Crybaby."
She laughed and patted his back.

"What a romantic sight."
Zhongli noted as Ganyu awkwardly agrees.

'Guizhong...'