He passed an awkward smile and she sat beside him saying "Hey Manik..."

"Hi Sameera" He replied trying to be polite.

"You can call me Sam" She said in a husky voice and he cleared his throat and said "Sameera is your name right...!? I'm fine with it..."

She passed a tight smile and asked "So...Single...??"

He turned to the other side for a second to roll his eyes and just then the director called him "Sir...Shot ready..."

He thanked him in his mind and said "Excuse me..." and escaped to the sets while she thought "Tough nut...Let's see..." and went behind him for the shot.

The shoot went till midnight as it was the last day and all he could manage was to text her in between to check if she ate or not and she replied that she is doing fine and not to worry about her.

He dropped a text in the morning when he started to airport and she replied that she was getting ready to go to office stating that she is fine than previous day.

He reached home and opened the door with his key and sat in the living room stretching his legs. Feeling the silence, he estimated that Nandini might have gone to office.

He went to kitchen, got himself water bottle from the refrigerator and gulped down and sat at the dining table. He heard a silent muffled sound making him frown and look around. His eyes fell on the guest room which is straight to him and felt someone there. He moved towards it slowly and his eyes widened in shock seeing Nandini curled up like a ball clutching her stomach on the floor near the bed.

"Nandu" He squealed and rushed towards her and took her head into his lap.

Her face was filled with her tears and he cleared the hair that covered her while she sobbed continuously.

"Nandu...Look at me...What happened...??" He asked and she pressed her lips tighter and clutched her stomach. He scooped her and placed her on the bed while his hands shivered and his mind didn't work for few minutes seeing her in pain. His teary eyes and her black kurti didn't let him see the blood stains at her back.

"Maa...Maa..." He mumbled and quickly dialed his mother.

"Maa...Nandu...Maa..." He repeated while Anjali was startled hearing his tone.

"Aarav...Beta...Calm down...Don't panic...Just tell me what happened...??" She asked trying to be calm and make him calm.

"Maa...Nandini...She is in pain...I...I don't know what to do...She...She was clutching her stomach..." He said with little sobs in between.

"Relax Manu...Did she tell anything...??" She asked.

"No...I think it's her cramps...She said she got her periods yesterday...and...and...and texted that she is fine and will be...going to office...But...I just came home...and she...was laying on the...floor...Maa...I...I don't know what to do..." He replied to his best.

"Manu...Manu...Calm down first...Your brain won't work if you panic...Listen to me...It can be due to heat...Just give her a glass of buttermilk...and apply some body oil on her abdomen region and massage in circular motion...It will take some time...Meanwhile, I'll call our family doctor if she can suggest any instant pain killers..." She advised him and he cut the call to quickly get her buttermilk.

Within few minutes, he came back and made her sit half way and helped her to drink buttermilk. He rushed to his room and got her oil and came back to her while she was sobbing.

"It's ok...It's ok...Relax..." He said kissing on her forehead and moved her kurti upwards and massaged like his mother instructed.

His heart ached when he saw her clutching the bed sheet and gritting her teeth in order to bear the pain.

Almost after 15 to 20 minutes of continuous massage, he saw her breathing normally and wiping her tears. He got a call from his mother and she gave the medicine that their doctor prescribed and said that will help to reduce pain but shouldn't be used regularly.

He called up the medical store in the colony and asked him to deliver the medicine and looked at Nandini who was trying to get up.

"Do you need something...??" He asked helping her to sit.

She made an embarrassed face and said slowly "Can you please get me a nightwear from my cupboard...This dress is soiled..."

He nodded and got her night dress and said "Call me if you need anything...I'm just outside..."

She nodded and went to refresh and change into her nightwear. He knocked on the door before opening and saw her removing the bed sheet which got her blood stains.

"Psschhh...I'll do it..." He said and removed it and was about to get a fresh one but stopped when she said "Let it be...Another one too might get spoiled..."

He sighed and passed her the tablet that the guy has delivered and waited till she gulped down and helped her to lay down.

He caressed her hairs and kissed on her forehead while she asked "Got scared...??"

He nodded in a no and then yes with tears and was quick to wipe them off before they rolled down. She smiled faintly and said "Sorry...I was fine till morning and thought to go to office but suddenly...cramps became worse...I don't know what would have happened if you haven't returned...And bleeding toh..."

She stopped in the midway and looked at him as they were having this conversation for the first time and she didn't know whether he will be comfortable with it.

"You can tell me Nandu..." He said holding her hand and she broke the eye contact and continued "It's worse this month...I don't know why..."

He sighed and asked "Did you eat anything...?? Want to eat...??"

She nodded in a no and said "I just want to sleep..."

"Okay" He said and brushed her hairs to put her to sleep. He came out when his phone buzzed with his mother's number.

"Yeah Maa..." He answered the call.

"Is she fine now...??" Anjali asked being worried.

"Haan...Better now...Sleeping..." He said taking his seat at the dining table.

She sighed in relief and said "Aarav...Just take care of her for few days...Do you know if she gets this cramps every time...??"

"Umm...I don't know Maa...I wasn't there with her...and this is the first time I'm experiencing along with her..." He answered as she was in her flat initially or he was abroad shooting and never got to know about this phase though she just mentions about her periods.

"Okay...Just ask her about that...and avoid coffee for few days...Grate some ginger and boil in a cup of water and add some honey and lemon and make her drink it if she asks for coffee...Give her fruits...She should eat healthy...Okay...??" She explained.

He made a mental note of everything and replied "Okay Maa..."

"Can you manage or do you want me to come...??" She asked.

"No Maa...You said dii left Nidhi baby with you while going out of station...You can't travel with her...I'll manage..." He assured.

"Keep a check on her and stay beside her for next 2 days please...Make her talk to me once she is fine...Take care..." She said and cut the call once he said okay. 

Ignore mistakes...

I guess I made a right choice to end the story in few more parts...:)