16. Night

Nandini served him the food and sat with her plate, as usual waiting for him to take the first bite. He smiled at her and ate after which she started eating.

"So Nandu...What are your future plans...??Continuing in the same firm or any plan to have your own...??" He asked while eating.

"Umm...No...I don't believe myself in business as of now...I will work in multiple projects for exposure...and also...umm..." She said and hesitated to complete.

"Ha...Go on..." He asked looking at her.

"I'm interested in interior designing as well...Actually I was confused with architecture and interior designing and decided to go with architecture as it was my childhood interest and side lined interior designing...So...I'm planning to do the course after few months..." She said looking at her plate.

"Interesting..." He said with a smile.

"But I'm not confident if I can do that...I mean...I don't know...It can be just my curiosity to learn but I'm not sure if I can go on with second career option..." She said her worry.

"Of course you can...See...First thing, it will always be a learning...There's nothing wrong in learning new things...Just try...If you don't like it, you already have career set as an architect...Right...??" He said trying to convince her and she still looked doubtfully.

"Fine...Come on..." He said and took the plates as they finished and kept them in the kitchen, washed their hands and he took her to the living room.

"Close your eyes..." He said and she did immediately.

"Just imagine and tell me what all will look good here...As per your thoughts..." He said and she reminisced the colors and space around her.

"In the guest hall, a glass vase at the right corner with bright colored flowers in it, an art painting of medium size framed with brown color above the couch and tiny craft items or showcase items can be chosen for the cupboards...Coming to the dining hall, an oval shaped 6 seater dining table will be perfect here...A glass center table of cream color and a side table beside the couch in the main living room will complete its look..." She said and opened her eyes.

"Perfect...See...With a basic knowledge, you can color coordinate and manage the look...So, if you do the course, you can do wonders..." He said boosting her confidence.

"Really...??" She asked happily after hearing him.

"Yes...And now that you designed this place beautifully in imagination, it's your responsibility to complete the remaining part and finish the look of the entire house as per your wish..." He said and she looked at him shocked nodding in no.

"You have to...and you can...End of discussion...Now come...It's already late...let's hit the bed..." He said and dragged her to the main bedroom.

All the shyness and blush came back to their faces once they entered the room.

"I...I'll change and come...My bag..." She said and he pointed out her bag which he kept aside when coming back after taking the producer's call.

She took her T-shirt from the bag and went to the closet to change. He just removed his tee and sat on the bed resting his back to the headboard. She came out to see him only in his vest, legs covered with the duvet, scrolling through his mobile.

She blushed looking at him and her heart beat increased thinking of sharing the bed with him. Though they have shared the bed earlier at her place, the situations are entirely different now.

He looked up from his mobile while she took slow steps towards him. If her heart beat was rated high, his was no less than a person's heart who just finished running a marathon. Each step she took towards him, it doubled.

She sat on the empty side, kept her legs slowly on the bed and adjusted her place.

She has a choice of taking the guest bedroom and he wouldn't mind too. But she chose the place next to him making him more proud.

He smiled seeing her and laid on his back and placed his hand on hers.

She too smiled at him and laid beside him and before he could stretch his arms, she moved towards him placing her head on his left chest so that she can hear his heart beat.

His smile grew bigger as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pecked on top of her head. She smiled before closing her eyes and dozed off hearing his heart beat after successfully making him wide awake almost entire night.

He took out his mobile, took a picture of the night city from his bed itself and posted in his Instagram story with a song 'Tum mile Love Reprise' and the lyrics goes like :

Tu Hi Meri Hai Saari Zameen

Chahe Kahin Se Chalun

Tujh Mein Hi Aake Ruku

Tere Siva Main Jaun Kahan

Koi Bhi Raah Chunu

Tujh Mein Hi Aake Ruku

Tum Mile To Lamhein Tham Gaye

Tum Mile To Saare Gum Gaye

Tum Mile To Muskhurana Aa Gaya

Tum Mile To Jadoo Chaa Gaya

Tum Mile To Jeena Aa Gaya

Tum Mile To Mene Paya Hai Khuda

Once he posted, all his fans from all social media handles began their tweets about the changes in Manik.

A few tweets went like 'Tum mile...!!?? Kon mila...!?? #ManikMalhotra'

'Seriously...??? Is this our #ManikMalhotra...???'

'What's happening #ManikMalhotra...??? First, those pics, then his interview and now this love song...!!'

After thoroughly spoiling his fans' sleep, he tried to get himself one.

Ignore mistakes...