20. Moonlight

Soon, it was time for the sun to set.

Manik held her hand and said "Come...Let's go to the terrace..."

She smiled and followed him, locking the main door and went to the terrace.

The sky tinted with shades of orange indicated a pleasant evening. The breeze hit them slightly when they walked slowly hand in hand from one end of the terrace to the other end, talking about random things.

"You know I always dreamed of having this peaceful life...I mean a peaceful day like this..." He said with a smile looking at her.

"But I have never dreamed of this..." She said making him look at her confused and she continued "Yeah...Not even in my wildest dreams, I have dreamed of having you by my side...Forget about spending time with you like this...All I had in my thoughts was just to see you at least from a distance...If possible an autograph...But never ever I have thought I will get a chance like this..." She said looking at their entwined hands.

"Dream from now on...I'll fulfill them..." He said looking at her face and brought her hand near lips to peck on back of her hand making her blush and said "Your dreams are mine now..."

He bent down to her height and said "I want to kiss you..."

He said huskily in her ears and she bent her head down with a shy smile. He cupped her face and gently placed lips on hers and she placed her hands on his shoulders for support as her knees went weak.

He broke the kiss after a minute and looked at her face and she was flushed red, looking down with a smile.

The shades of oranges turned dark to make them realize that it's night already.

"A small swing at that corner will be perfect na..." She said pointing towards the right corner of the terrace and he said "Done...I'll order for it...Any color in specific...??"

She thought for a second and said "White...Aap ko white pasand hai na...It looks good here..."

He smiled and nodded his head agreeing to her.

"Let's go down...Have to prepare dinner as well..." She said but he stopped her.

"Just wait...Stay here...I'll be back..." He said and went downstairs and came back with a thick blanket and two pillows.

He arranged them and went down again after asking her to wait for some time and not to come down.

She got seated on the blanket and waited for him looking at the moon.

He went and checked the refrigerator and found a pack of bread, paneer, onions, capsicum and cheese cubes. He found 2 large potatoes and chopped them nicely to prepare fries and kept them in water and placed oil to heat.

He thought for a moment and chopped the other vegetables nicely. He cut the paneer into tiny pieces, added required spices and tossed in a pan for two minutes. He applied butter on other pan, placed 4 bread slices to which he applied sauces, grated cheese on it and placed chopped veggies and paneer and added cheese on top of it as well before closing the pan with a lid. He waited for the cheese to melt and took the bread pizza that he prepared and kept 4 other pieces in the same way.

In the meantime, he fried the potatoes and took them in to a bowl once they turned golden brown. He added salt to them and arranged the bread pizza in two plates and covered them with two other plates.

He quickly got the small table and arranged everything on them and went upstairs.

She frowned seeing him bring the table but then her eyes widened in surprise once he opened the lids. They sat on either side of the table and he served themselves under the moonlight.

"Taste and tell me..." He said clasping his hands after taking a bite of pizza from his plate, knowing that she will not eat until he takes the first bite.

She excitedly took a bite and closed her eyes to relish the taste while he watched her with a smile that obviously reached his eyes thoroughly.

She opened her eyes to look at him waiting for her reaction and she said "This is fantastic...I never knew aap ko cooking bhi aathi hai..."

He chuckled before answering "Not good as you...But yeah I can manage..."

"Manage...!? These are beyond perfect..." She said munching on the fries.

He smiled seeing her enjoy the food that too made by him and he started to eat his.

"This whole moonlight dinner is sooooo nice...Thank you..." She said looking around and then continued "It's just that there are no stars in the sky except the one in front of me..."

He blushed to her comment as he didn't know what to reply. She smiled seeing his face that has turned pink due to blushing and they continued eating in silence.

Once they were done eating, she was about to take the plates but he stopped and placed them on the table and kept them aside and washed their hands at the corner.

They came back to the place where the blanket was spread and laid down.

He held her hand which is in between them and she smiled seeing that. He rubbed it softly with his thumb, looking at the moon.

Even their silence gave them comfort and she closed her eyes slowly.

Few minutes later, he opened his eyes when a drop or two fell on his face indicating that it's sprinkling rain. He saw that moon became invisible due to clouds and then looked beside him to find one.

He smiled seeing her face which shone like another moon but his gaze broke with few more droplets of rain. He didn't get the heart to wake her up and he scooped her softly into his arms. He simply pushed the blanket and pillows with his leg to put them under the roof and walked downstairs.

He tried hard to unlock the door as to not disturb his girl's sleep in his arms.

The movements made her frown in sleep and she touched the fabric of his T-shirt with her small palms with her closed eyes. She smiled in her sleep and snuggled more in to him after realizing that she is in his arms.

He smiled to her antics and swiftly moved to the bedroom and carefully placed her on the bed. Before she could feel him away, he came beside her and took her to his heart and she completely dozed off, cuddling into him.

Ignore mistakes...