𝟮 | 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙁𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙣

Start from the beginning

Ei calmed down and sat beside Izuku's head, lightly brushing his fluffy hair that she always loved. 'Izuku-kun wake up please... I don't know what should I do...' Ei somberly thought wishing Izuku to wake up, hoping that he doesn't die as well. A hand was put on Ei's shoulder and it was one of her loved ones as well. "Are your injuries alright now Yae?" "Heiki heiki, Izuku-kun is gonna wake up Ei. He's strong, just let him rest." Yae reassured her friend. 

"He was bound to be exhausted from transforming into his Full Oni transformation and by to the slaugth-..." Yae didn't continue as she noticed her friend's discomfort about the topic. It was still scary to see how Izuku can keep up with the power of an archon. After Makoto's death, it seemed like her archon powers were given to Ei, making Ei the next Electro Archon.

There's one more thing that was on Yae's mind. "How did Izuku-kun use anemo and electro elements when he's originally an anemo vision holder himself?" When Izuku started his slaughter everyone noticed that Izuku left a trail of lightning and that one of the foes he fought when he grabbed the face Izuku produced purple lightning, electrocuting the poor man. Later on in the fight, his lightning started to change color to red until it was crimson red. 

"My guess is that he was gifted by Celestia of another vision element." Morax theorized and everyone seems to agree on it but their questions didn't end there. Why was Izuku gifted another vision? They didn't get to talk about when Izuku suddenly woke up and gasped for air.

Ei was the first to help Izuku steady his breathing and once his breathing was fixed she hugged him as tight she can, happy that she didn't lose him. "Ei-sama! You are alright! Where are we?" Izuku greeted Ei and asked where they were. "Ah! Genji you're awake! Uhm we are still in Khaenri'ah" Barbatos answered his question. Izuku looked around the place and it is still in Khaenri'ah, the fire was everywhere, black and red cubes, chunks of the land were cracked, and lastly the dead bodies that he killed. Izuku's eyes widened once he saw it and he remembered Makoto's death.

Izuku let his tears go down his face as he felt regret and disappointment. He was a "Kagemusha" and held as a prodigy in his clan, he swore that he will protect his leader but he couldn't live up to it and as like a punishment to himself for not protecting Makoto, his family and clansmen died and has to bear the guilt he has now. Ei felt Izuku's tears as she just hugged Izuku more to give him comfort. "Where's her body? Can you guys tell me where it is..." Izuku quietly said but Ei and Yae heard it loud and clear. Ei stopped hugging Izuku and stood up, Yae leading the two to where Makoto and his clansman were. The other archons stayed and gave the three of them alone to mourn for their loss. 

Cold. That's what Izuku felt when he touched Makoto's dead body, in the back of his head he hoped, he hoped that this is just a nightmare, a sick joke playing on his mind but it's not, it's not the same warmness he always felt when Makoto would hug him whenever he finishes a mission. Ei was beside him hugging her sister's body crying her heart out, it seemed that Ei couldn't accept it yet. Behind Ei and Izuku was Yae standing, her fist clenched as droplets of blood came out. 'Why Makoto... It should have been me that was supposed to die.'  

--------------------

Three people are seen in front of the Sacred Sakura, Ei is seen to be sitting on a stool clutching a hairpin with pale violet flowers resembling a fan-shaped piece that belonged to her sister. On her right was Izuku wearing a black suit, and on her left was Yae wearing a black kimono. It was raining perfectly describing what was Ei feeling right now.

Izuku put his head down in shame for not being able to protect Makoto he knows that she is an Archon but it still made him feel guilty for not doing anything to protect her. A hand lay on his shoulder, Yae already told him that it wasn't his fault but because of his personality, he couldn't just feel guilty about it.