Then it Hit Me

*Ryan's POV*
I quietly stood there, hesitating to stand up for my self as Sean and Tanya bickered. I honestly don't know why I can't stand up to him. Miranda makes it look so easy, She really is just pretty intimidating for some reason.
"Ignore him, Ryan. He doesn't know how great you are."

"Sometimes I think only you guys do.."
I said looking at our table.

"And that's what is important." Brad said looking across the table at Tim.

Then Miranda hugged me for a minute or so. She did that almost everyday right before lunch was over. I can't lie and say I don't want her to. But I guess I like the way that she is concerned for all of us, under any condition. She has never broken a promise to any of us, especially not me. I can't imagine what I would do if she wasn't my friend. What if she wasn't just a friend? What if she was like.. Nah. But do I like her... I mean the only person I've ever liked before was Karen from 3rd grade. I don't think I really liked her that much though.. I mostly just remember that she was nice to me. And she would give me some of her snacks when I forgot mine. I wonder how she is..

But what about Miranda?

I wonder if she likes me?
But do I like her?