1. The Waiting Game

Start from the beginning

Amara raced towards the bathroom not wanting to keep Tony waiting. She turned on the tap and got her toothbrush out, then froze -"FRIDAY? When did he say he wanted to see me?"

"He didn't yet. But I suspect it will be soon."

"Ok," she said to herself, no longer feeling as rushed.

—————

Amara had a shower, finished getting ready and then went to the kitchen where Natasha, Clint and Steve were having a conversation.

"But if it was down to the big guy and Hawkeye? I'm sorry Clint, but there's nobody out there who would try and take out Hulk when you're right there. You're not even remotely dangerous compared to him." It looked as though they were discussing the easiest targets on the team, and Natasha had just given the final blow to Clint's self-esteem.

"Gee, thanks Nat - what a friend, am I right?" Clint sarcastically replied.

"We all bring something different to the team, something that nobody else on the team can do. Everybody's useful, else they wouldn't even be on the team, to begin with." there goes Steve, ever the mediator.

"But I'd still fight Birdbrain...just to kick his ass," Amara stated, as everybody glanced in her direction.

Clint held his heart, faking a wound, "Ouch, you wound me, oh mighty Aura!"

Nat pointed at Steve and said, "You gonna take that kind of language?"

Steve sighed and held his head in his hands, "It was one time..."

Natasha turned to Amara "Sorry about training today, it was gonna be a good one."

"Yeah, tell me about it," Amara replied with a hint of annoyance in her tone, but she still couldn't be too unhappy about it, I mean she was getting her first mission briefing.

Steve looked confused as he glanced back and forth between us both, "wait, what happened with training?"

"You didn't hear? Tony needs to have a special meeting with Amara." Nat said, unable to help but smirk while she said it.

"You mean..." Steve was starting to put the pieces together.

"Yeah! Well I mean FRIDAY only told me about half an hour ago, and she said he hasn't officially called me, but I mean what else could it be about?" Not only had Amara been waiting for this to happen, but almost everybody in the tower was too.

"I'm proud of you kid!" Amara glanced at Steve, who honestly looked like a proud older brother and Clint who smiled at her encouragingly.

"I'm going to eat some breakfast, you know in case Tony needs to call me sometime soon."

But he didn't.

It had been almost 7 hours since breakfast. Steve, Nat, Thor and Hulk had all left the tower to go on their missions and, while Amara was convinced that she was extremely patient, she was starting to get restless. she was sat in the living area with Rhodey, Wanda, Vision, Pietro, Sam and Bucky. Wanda and Vision were sat near each other, close enough to show a slight familiarity but still far enough to show some awkwardness, and everyone else was spread out around the room.

"You ok Amara?" Wanda looked over at you, concerned.

"Yeah! I'm great!"

Pietro zoomed over to where Amara was sitting on the sofa and laid down with his legs resting across her lap. "That's a lie, stupid." Amara elbowed him in the shin, hard. "Ouch!" He leaned away but stayed where he was. Pietro was Amara's best friend, even though he could be an annoying little prick sometimes, he was still always there for her when she needed him. And there was nothing that she couldn't rely on him for. "Honestly, the shit I put up with," Pietro remarked and Amara glared at him, but he simply smiled at her in reply.