Deer

Jimmy had woken up today, planning to be a normal person, grind materials and make them stronger. Hoping to take some weight off of Scott's shoulders.

So when Scott's screams ran through the usually quiet hobbit hole, Jimmy ran towards his house.

And inside, almost crying, sat his husband, Golden antlers protruding from his cyan hair. Blood soaked their bases; the owner seeming tired and so done with whatever was going on.

That was millennia ago, when the blonde had the one person he could trust over anyone in his arms; wearing matching rings and surviving together. Living together. Just being together.    

He didn't have that now. Not when Scott was a simple man, had a house, a new friend, new allies. Yet so did he, Martyn and the newcomer, Mumbo, joining his list after some where lost. 

Yet that's all he felt. Lost. He never realised that the cyanette was more of an anchor than he would have thought, left to his own devices and on the opposing team. He had never imagined life like that.

Without someone he could fully trust to guide him.

A life without flowers, hobbit homes and lakes.

A life without him.

                             -----------------------------------------------------------

They fit perfectly, a reminisce to the past.

To when he was sat with crimson in his hair, tears running down his face and a partner to cry to. They hurt and ached and pulled on his sanity. They were so unusual yet beautiful.     

And now as he stood, ancient tale and corrupted ruins in front and around him.

He wished for it back.

Wished for the company and quiet. Wished for the silent nights and phantoms that plagued his sleep. Missed the soft touches and feather-light kisses.

He wished to be free from responsibility again.

He never asked for this, a promise of heroism. Granted a God, a mentor, a guide to traverse his common life. He was a King, sure, but he had built it from the ground up. He was only an elf, immortality a concept that was nothing new to him.

But these antlers, stag or deer, identical to those of his banner, didn't promise a life away from death, did they? They hardly promised safety. Because they threw him into the depths of danger, against a God and Demon he had never asked to verse.

                                                                ----------------------------------

Two men sat, miles apart and yet conjoined. Worlds separating each desire for the latter yet memories adhering them for eternity. They sat with people neither trusted fully. Perhaps they were friends with allies found from the dust of an old life, or a new beginning, but it wasn't their partner and husband. Not the one person who could bring them hope when all optimism seemed lost, illuminate the damning shadows when light was nothing but a pitiful plea for change.

They sat away because they were too scared to be together again.

                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is late, jeez. I honestly just couldn't think of a good idea/ had the motivation!

Sketch...why you gotta make them so difficult :( /j (they are amazing and a good challenge)