xvi. 𝗌𝗈𝗅𝖺𝖼𝖾

Start from the beginning

“Bilinski!” 

“Yes?” Stiles calls out.

“Shut up!”

The players chuckle as he sits down. “Yes, sir.” He sits down next to Scott. “Stiles—” Scott calls out.

“It's Biles. Call me Biles, or I swear to God I'll kill you,” Stiles tells Scott. “Another thing. From here on out, immediately, we're switching to co-captains.

“Congratulations, McCall,” Coach says, causing Scott to slowly look up. “What?” Jackson asks in disbelief.

“What do you mean, what? Jackson, this takes nothing away from you. This is about combining separate strengths into one unit. This is about taking your unit, McCall's unit, we're making one big unit,” Coach tells him. Coach looks over to Scott.

“McCall, it's you and Jackson now. Everybody else—” Coach blows the whistle. “—Asses on the field! Asses on the field!” he yells out and everyone runs out of the locker room.

“Dude, can you believe this? You're a captain. I'm first line,” Stiles says with a proud smile. He chuckles thinking about that he'll be playing.

“I'm first freaking line!” Stiles says with a proud smile.

Stiles hands Scott's gear over to him. “Are you not freaking out? I'm freaking out,” Stiles tells him.

“What's the point? It's just a stupid title. And I could practically smell the jealousy in there,” Scott tells him with absolute no emotion on his face.

“Wait, you smelled jealousy?” Stiles asks him, stopping him.

“Yeah, it's like the full moon's turned everything up to 10,” Scott tells him. “Huh. Can you pick up on stuff like, I don't know, desire?” Stiles says sighing.

“What do you mean, desire?” Scott asks him with a frown.

“Like sexual desire?” Stiles asks him. Sexual desire?” Scott ask him, giving him a weird look.

“Yeah, sexual desire. Lust, passion, arousal,” Stiles tells him. Scott looks over and sees Lydia standing there talking to a girl.

“From Lydia?”

“What? No, in a general, broad sense, can you determine sexual desire?” Stiles asks him frustrated.

“From Lydia to you?” 

“Fine, yes, from Lydia to me. Look, I need to know if I have a chance with this girl, okay? I've been obsessing over her since the third freaking grade,” Stiles tells him.

“Why don't you just ask her?” Scott asks him.

Stiles just looks at him. “Well, to save myself utterly crushing humiliation. Thank you, Scott. Okay? So, please, can you just go up and ask her if she likes me? See if her heartbeat rises, or pheromones come out—” Stiles says, and Scott cuts him off by replying and walking off.

“Fine.”

“I love you. I love you. You're my best friend in the whole world,” Stiles says as he watches his friend walk over to them.