"I better go." I said standing up but they didn't seem to notice what I said and kept talking. Rolling my eyes I walked away. I figured I might as well get back to work instead of just trying to kill time. The more occupied I am the faster the clock will move.

About 2 1/2 hours later I leaned back in my chair and rubbed my head. My eyes were burning from having to stare at the computer for a long time and my hand ached from all the writing I had to do. I closed my eyes feeling proud of myself for getting that whole pile done. Not even a minute of congratulating myself my work phone decided to buzz.

"Hello?" I spoke into the phone keeping my eyes closed.

"Ms. Kingston?" A female voice asked over the phone.

"Yes this is she."

"This is Karen Fielding the head coordinator in Human Resources."

"Oh hello." I answered sitting up. They've never called me in person before so something must be wrong.

"I hate to bother you but there is a slight problem with that paperwork you sent to us Friday. My workers hadn't caught it but I was going over the file and saw it does not have a signature."

"A signature?" I asked confused. I knew what file she was talking about but I didn't know that it needed a signature.

"Yes a signature by Mr. Miller." I rubbed the bridge of my nose trying not to groan. That file needed to be filed and out by Friday night. It was all the paperwork on our newest client and one of the most wealthiest ones to invest in us. I couldn't screw up this file.

"Okay just a signature is needed?"

"Yes and any other changes that he wants made to it." Karen said. "I need it back here by 5 o'clock tonight." A string of curse words ran through my head when I said a thank you and hung up.

Okay it is almost 3:30 so I have about 2 hours until I need it back. I can do this. I thought to myself. I quickly left my office and headed downstairs to the human resources level. Asking around I finally found Karen's office and got the file back. My heels clicked loudly as I walked off the elevator and towards Ashton's office.

"Hey Judy. Is Ashton in?" I asked. Hopefully I could quickly get Ashton's signature on the form and get it back with plenty of time to spare.

"He isn't actually. He just stepped out." Judy said. I was looking around the office until she said Ashton was out and my eyes snapped to her.

"Wait? He's gone? Where did he go?" I asked multiple questions in a row.

"I don't know, he just said he was leaving and wouldn't be back." No no no. This can't be happening.

"He didn't say where he was going?"

"Sorry sweetie no." Great now I have to run all over New York trying to find him for a damn signature. I wanted to yell but instead I bit my lip.

"Its okay. Thanks though." I headed to my office to see if I could get a hold of him. I dialed his number and held my phone between my shoulder and neck while I went through the file. I wanted to make sure I did it right especially if I had missed getting Ashton's signature.

You have reached "Ashton Miller." The annoying voicemail voice entered through my phone. I tapped my finger against the desk waiting impatiently so I could leave a message.

"Hey Ashton it's Layla" Right after I said it I wanted to slap myself. Of course Ashton know's it's you Layla. " I really need you to call me back okay? So when you get this please call me its very important." I ended the call and stared down at it almost like I was trying to make it ring with my mind. I'll give him a few minutes than I'll call again.