Chapter 6

Sorry this update took so long...I was on a trek with my friends for the past few days and one of my best friends was moving away so ya I was spending all of my time with her... so ya, sorry for making y'all wait for so long T^T

Dedicated to @Pritichim and all of my lovely readers :D

I haven't proof read this chapter so please forgive me for mistakes

Zayn's POV:

We reach the hospital and transfer John Doe and Tyler to a ward. While the nurses took care of him, I went outside to find Navya.

"Malik" She greets me tiredly. "Soooo....?" She asked.

"John Doe and his kid, Tyler. We don't know the name of the dad yet." I said, removing my scrubs and throwing them away.

"Okay. He's your patient now. And assign someone to look after the kid too." She says, handing me the clipboard with John Doe and his kid's forms.

"Fine."

I sigh as I look around tiredly, watching as Navya left towards the E.R to look after the victims we rescued.

I enter John Doe's ward and the nurses tell me the vitals that I note down on the clipboard. After the form is filled, I move towards the patient. His face was turned towards me and I finally had a good look at him.

He was obviously cleaned up, and I noticed how tiny he looked, sleeping on the bed. He was quite young and he was absolutely gorgeous.

"Any serious injuries?" I ask Alex, the doctor who was in charge of cleaning him.

He shook his head. "Nothing new. There are some old scars. Not that old though. But they looked kinda healed."

I nod and look back at the boy. "Alright. Lets check for internal injuries." I remove the blanket that was draped over him. Dr. Alex lifts the boy's shirt while I wear my gloves. 

I put my hands on his ribs and apply a little pressure, and I'm pretty sure that there are some broken ribs down there. I move downwards and press his stomach and John Doe winces a little.

"Okay, we need an MRI to examine deeper and I'm pretty sure that there's some internal bleeding going on inside his body." Dr. Alex nods, and pulls the boy's shirt down, before unhooking the cords and wires from his body.

We roll his gurney out of the ward and into the elevator.

There's a huge line of patients who were all waiting to be checked. Everyone came from the same disgusting place where John Doe and his kid came from.

A sudden thought about Tyler crosses my mind. I really hope the kid is doing well...should I go check up on him afterwards? 

My thoughts are interrupted when Dr. Alex taps me on my shoulder. He leads me to another lab which was attended by Dr. Burke. "Oh hey, Dr. Malik. What can I do for ya?" He asked as we approached him.

"Need a quick scan of John Doe." I replied, pointing to the gurney behind me. Dr. Burke nodded and began his work without wasting anymore time.

***

After all the tests were done, we bring John Doe back to his ward. He was still very much unconscious, but seemed to be doing well at the moment. And anyways there wasn't much we can do right now anyways. 

I turned to leave, but something stopped me. I looked back at the curly haired figure lying on the bed. I walked over to him and he seemed to be looking disturbed and was whimpering. I tried to shake him, but that didn't help much. 

So, I placed my hand on top of his and said, "Don't worry John Doe. Nobody will hurt you now. I'll make sure you and your son are safe." And that seemed to work cuz he stopped moving and fell back into his slumber. I stay near him for a few minutes incase he woke up, but he didn't move after that, so I leave his ward to finish of my rounds.

After checking up on my patients, I was finally ready to leave. Just as I was about to go, I see Dr. Tina, and the thought of Tyler passes my mind again. I quickly jog up to her. 

Dr. Tina was the doctor I had assigned to look after Tyler. Normally, surgeons weren't allowed in the kids section but since John Doe was my patient, so Navya listed me as Tyler's doctor as well.

"Oh Dr. Malik! I was just coming to find you." She says as I walk up to her. We both walk side by side as she leads me to Tyler's ward. "He is doing fine, but he has extremely low sugar levels, so I have put him on an IV. There weren't many cuts and bruises that needed to be treated. And he spiked up a fever this afternoon as well." She says as we stop near his bed.

I look down at the small tot and check his heartbeat and temperature, and luckily, the fever hadn't spiked up again. I check for internal injuries, and as I applied a bit of pressure on his ribs, I instantly knew that he had broken ribs as well.

I sigh sadly and look at the tiny boy, wishing to kill the person who caused so much pain to these victims which came from that hellhole.

"Who's the on call doctor today?" 

"I am." Doctor Tina replies.

"Okay. I want you to monitor him carefully. If the baby catches fever again tonight, then put him on a cold saline. And order an MRI for him too please. I will put Alex on call duty tonight as well for John Doe. If any of them wakes up, page me immediately. I'll be going now."

She nods and goes to order an MRI. After leaving Tyler's ward, I go to fill up John Doe's and a few patients charts in my office. After putting Alex on duty, I finally walk out of the hospital at 11 at night, tired as hell.

-
Sorry for a bad update, but I'm really tired and just need some rest :(

Vote/Comment

Hope you have a good day💛💚