Chapter 15

Who knew that the feeling of the wind in your face would feel this amazing. The wind ruffles the feathers of my bicolor wings as I soar through the air. I've got a few scratches and bruises, but they heal quickly. My first few tries at flying failed miserably. But now, I glide through the air as if it's second nature by now.

I currently fly over one of the forests outside of the manor, but far enough to not be seen by the human eye. Sebastian jumps from tree to tree below me, desperately trying to keep up as I keep him in the dust.

"Lady (Y/N)! Please slow down!" I hear Sebastian call out from far behind me. I come to a halt in mid air and notice that Sebastian is about five miles away from me. Can I really hear him from so far away?

I hover for about thirty seconds until Sebastian lands on a tree directly below me. Quickly decending, I roughly land on the branch he is on and cause him to tumble to the ground. My laughter filled the air as I realized that I made a perfect demon with almost no faults fall.

He slightly glared at me before standing up and dusting himself off. "We must go Mi'lady. The young master will be calling for me soon, if he hasn't already."

I jump down from the tree and run at inhuman speed alongside Sebastian as we make our way to the horse drawn carriage.

By the time we got back, I had a blanket wrapped around my shoulders and the sun was beginning to set. Have we really been gone that long? I wonder to myself.

As Sebastian helps me out of the carriage, I notice a very annoyed looking Ciel standing at the top steps of the manor. He looked down angrily as he saw the two of us arrive.

I slowly make my way up the stairs as Sebastian goes quickly, making up an excuse as to why we were gone.

"I don't care what you've done Sebastian. What matters is that you left me with three useless servants who destroyed everything and Darious who is scrambling to keep it all picked up." Ciel was raging. His face was completely red and the eyepatch on his eye seemed to sink into his skin. Was it really that bad that we were gone for a day?

"Um... Ciel?" I ask hesitantly, some of his rage seemed to dissappear as he turned to me. When his eyes landed on me, he became confused.

"Sebastian? Who is this girl?"

At that, my heart sank. Does my appearance really make him think that it isn't me?

"Ciel. It's me. (Y/N). This is how I originally looked at birth." I told him. He still seed skeptical, so I told him more.

"I wanted to look just like you, so I asked mother and father to change my hair color and eye color to look just like yours. I was going to change it back, but the fire came and I wanted to keep my appearance because it helped me remember you." I say, forcing tears to come up to my eyes. I hate lying to Ciel like this, but he can't know yet.

"Alright. Name me one thing that only (Y/N) would know about." Ciel asked me quizzically.

"Well, I remember that one time that I found you looking through my drawers and you took out a pair of underwear, thinking it was a hat, and placed it on your head." I say with a slight smirk. No one else knows about that, not even mother or father knew.

His face went red from embarrassment as he nodded his head. "Okay. I believe you. Sebastian, I'm hungry. Make dinner for (Y/N) and I." Sebastian bowed with a, "Yes, young master," and quickly went off to make dinner.

I turned back to Ciel as he still studies me. He seems to want to take in my very appearance. Must be because he doesn't want to mistaken me for another person again.

He leads me into the manor and we part ways. I make my way up to my room and plop myself onto my bed. My wings are no longer under a blanket and I try to fold them up again. Suprisingly, they did just that and they rested comfortably against my back.

Relieved, I changed out of the dress I'm wearing into a new one without holes. My wings fit snug inside of it and I walk out of the room.

As I walk through the manor, I catch sight of Darious and run up to him. "Darious!" I call out as I make my way towards him. He turns around and smiles at me.

"Hello Lady (Y/N). It's been a while since I've seen you look like that. So how are you functioning?" He asked.

"Great! It's happening like it's second nature now. I found out how to fold them back up, they now sit nicely against my back under the dress." I inform him with a smile on my face.

"Very good. Oh, and Ciel wanted to see you in his study. Mustn't keep him waiting. He isn't the type of person who's patient." He tells me with a wink.

I run towards Ciel's study, thanking Darious and quickly make it to my destination. When I get there, I knock on the door and wait for permission to enter.