Chapter 4

The queen had found me a manor similar to my old one and was about ten miles away from it. I had quickly settled down and Darious has been a great help.

  I sit in my study, looking over all my paperwork. Being the head of the Phantomhive name sure isn't easy.

  Darious walks into the room and hands me my tea, along with a letter from the queen.

  "Happy thirteenth birthday Milady." He says. "Mhm." I reply dully.

  He sighs. "Lady (Y/N), ever since that event, you haven't even smiled, let alone show any emotion. Why is that?"

  I sigh and start to open the envelope from the queen. "Because Darious, emotion is just something humans naturally show and is something they cannot run away from. Except for me, those events I witnessed at such a young age has made it possible to run away from all of them. Plus, emotions will just get in the way of my work. Being the head of the family isn't easy ya know." I reply as I take out the letter and read it.

           Dear Lady (Y/N),
  I wanted to wish you a happy thirteenth birthday. You have recently been asking to work on cases because the paperwork is just too boring for you. So my gift to you, is to let you start working cases. There is a murder case going around. Noble Young women about your age, have been taken and found the next day in ally ways with their entrails spilling from their stomach. I want you to catch this killer and to report to me when you have finnished. I am counting on you, my doll, to help me out.
                                 Sincerely,
                                              The Queen
  I look up at Darious. "Darious, get a carriage ready. I've been assigned my first case. We are to catch a murder." He bows and leaves the room to get the carriage ready.

  I sigh and go to my room to find the appropriate dress for a case like this.

  So if the killer is attacking nobles, just about any dress will do.

  I lay it on my bed and wait for Darious to help me put it on. Shortly after, he walks into my room and switches out the dress I was currently wearing, to a purple and blue dress that has a few diamonds in the front.

  "Are you sure this is appropriate for a mission lady (Y/N)?" Darious asks me curiously.

  "Of course it is. This killer gets young nobles like myself. This way, it will be easier to catch him."

  As Darious dresses me, I finally realize after all these years, that I need to get Darious some help. He has been working to much lately and the wrinkles on his face are starting to show more because of it.

  Darious takes my to the prepared carriage and leads me to the village, where I will catch this murder, and report back to the queen.