Chapter2 - Who is that?

LOUIS-POV

While I'm not one to boast about material possessions, I can't help but acknowledge the sense of pride that comes with my current circumstances. Gratitude fills me as I find myself in a remarkably comfortable position, fortunate enough to have few worries, with financial stability being one of them. The journey of hard work spanning many years has led me to the contentment I now enjoy.

Having turned my second floor above my restaurant into an apartment was one of the smartest decisions I've ever made. However its generally not my usual place of residence. Only a short distance from the restaurant, roughly a 20 minute drive, I own an impressive two story modern day mansion. Considering I spend majority of my time at the restaurant anywhere up to 14 hour days, so I often choose to just spend the night in my 'second home'.

That way I have quicker and easier access to my excessively busy place of business. For instance like last night for an example. After having such a hectic night and a few bevies, I crashed here and I'm rather glad I did as I've just come to feel the massive headache I've acquired as I stumble towards the bathroom hoping a shower will somehow freshen and wake me up. Glancing at the time I notice its already 10am but I'm not fussed. I am the boss after all and If I accidentally sleep in a little then so be it.

I check my phone for messages and notice a missed call from Liam. I don't need to respond, I already know the reason he has called. I'm always in the office by 9am and I'm never late. I'm always punctual so today has thrown him a bit. My staff, Liam included, are all aware that I sometimes reside up here and they are also all under strict instructions that they are to NEVER under any circumstance come up to this level. It is forbidden and anyone who dares to disobey me is automatically fired.

Sundays are generally quiet in the restaurant, still busy but no where near as much as Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. So todays routine is pretty much the same as any other Sunday. Check stock, go over payslips, approve rosters and crunch the restaurants money intake for the week but lets be clear none of this will happen before I get my morning tea.

Like clockwork, Liam is still patiently waiting for me by my office door.

" Well there's a day I thought Id never see, Louis Tomlinson late for work!"

I snigger at his remark as I grab the clipboard as Liam passes it to me, while I take the cuppa with my other spare hand. We both continue to walk down the hall, making our way to the prep room where I normally have a little quick staff meeting.

Scanning through the notes and messages I realise todays 'to do ' list is rather short and fuck I'm glad cos this fucking headache is still refusing to budge.

" This wont take me long to do today payno. Might spend the afternoon upstairs again."

Liam nodded in understanding, fully grasping the underlying message in my words.

"Are you certain? Because there's someone..." I trailed off, opening the imposing door, letting it swing in its heavy frame, a hushed atmosphere awaiting within. As I strode into the room, my eyes still glued to the to-do list on my clipboard, the soft hum of conversation tapered off. A voice then emerged, sending a shockwave through my senses.

"Good morning, Mr. Tomlinson."

My heartbeat quickened as I locked eyes with none other than Harry Styles.

"Harry... Um... Hello. I thought your start date was next Monday?"

Turning my head to give Liam a questioning look, he quickly whispered.

" I was trying to let you know he was here, but you cut me off remember."

I've already accepted the fact that my self conscious will never get tired of gawking at the beautiful features this man holds. I'm not sure wearing black tight skinny jeans and a dark red button up shirt is entirely appropriate for this workplace but for him and he alone, I would allow it.