Chapter 12: The Vampire's Acceptance

Start from the beginning

"What would that be?"

"Why did the magic disperse after I took down the first man? If it was perhaps the two mages from before, why did they run away."

"Hah, that's simple. They just realized what you were and didn't want to deal with you."

"That I was a vampire?"

"Yes. They must have concluded that Miranda's words were not meaningless and that they held merit. I think they were also scared that a vampire was out and about in a world they'd thought we'd never travel to. Haha, it is funny imagining grown, well-studied mages running at the sight of my daughter. You do your father proud!"

"Haha. Now I'm wondering why they didn't know I was one beforehand? I mean, I could tell they were nearby, but if they could tell I was a vampire, perhaps this could have been avoided?"

"That is a possibility. However, unlike several of us in Alter, mages have to use a scanning spell to identify a race."

"I see. Why didn't they scan me?"

"That's simple; they never expected anything but humans there. Given that assumption, they failed to scan beings that they already guessed who they were."

"Alright, that makes sense. Now I'm wondering why hadn't the humans questioned me? I mean, I did leave the two men for that officer to take into custody."

"Judging from your story, they realized this turned into a what they would call 'a supernatural case.' They're more than likely turning over the case to the proper authority as we speak. But worry not about having to give your case. Once I give my letter, neither you nor your friends will have to talk about this event again."

"Wow. Who's this old friend?"

"Well, now, I'd say this has been an eventful night. Do you perhaps need a change?"

"Daddy!" I stood up with my arms at my side. "Hmph!" I pouted. "Who is this person?"

"Haha, I think we'll save that for another time."

"Hmph!" I pouted once more.

I could feel Miranda's hands ruffling along my light-blue skirt. "She doesn't require a change right now."

I turned over to Miranda, "Miranda!"

"Haha," mother began to laugh.

Trying to sleep this night was rough. Thoughts and worries for this next day kept flooding my head. I have nothing to fear; my friends will accept me. Right? We have spent a couple weeks together now and helped Sharon. We've also all have gone to wear diapers, pee, and poop... Just because I'm a vampire doesn't mean they will automatically reject me...right? Running on an endless loop of debating in my head, exhaustion takes over me, and I find slumber.

Waking up in the morning, my mind remained blank before I felt something odd. This odd feeling wrapped around my legs like they were glued. I hadn't experienced a bizarre feeling ever since switching to diapers at night—a wet stain.

I began blushing with worry as I felt around my waist to confirm I was wearing a diaper. Feeling the soft and soaked squishy padding, I could verify its existence. However, this leads to a different result—the diaper leaked.

"Oh great," I sighed. "First, I had a rash yesterday, now this." Was this a sign of how the day was going to go? If it was like yesterday, then the rash I woke up to was a bad sign. But this was a leaked diaper. Could it mean the same?