chapter ten.

Square one

Square one

  THINGS WERE NEVER SUPPOSED TO GO AS BADLY as they did at the school fight two weeks before. Cleo couldn't help but feel responsible but then again, if her ex girlfriend would have just used her words, it never would have happened at all. She never would have gotten a concussion, Miguel never would have been in a coma, and Cobra Kai probably wouldn't be torn in half yet.

That was always going to happen though, the Harper girl knew from day one not to get too comfortable with Johnny Lawrence in charge.

"I think my cut out would look good right in front of the door, wouldn't you?" Her grandfather figure asked with a smug smile, her father's hands rested behind his back. "Are you even listening, Cleo? You had a hand in this too."

That's what she was conflicted about, had she been the cause of all this pain? Maybe.

"Yes, i'm listening." The Harper girl pushed herself up from the floor. "I'm just distracted, okay? And I can't think straight."

"Do you need to lay down?" Jack questioned, stepping forward to check on his daughter as John held him back.

"She's fine. Let her create the solutions to her own problems, it's the only way she'll learn." Kreese set his cardboard cut out by the door with a smile, placing his hands on his hips to enjoy his work.

"I don't think that's really helpful advice to a girl that just got over a concussion." The Harper man glanced at his daughter briefly before he spoke. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah, i'm just going to go get some air, okay? I'll be back later to help you two with your evil mastermind plans." Cleo briefly cleared her throat as she threw her bag over her shoulder and walked towards the door, leaving Cobra Kai.

... because in that moment, she was feeling suffocated.

SOMEHOW ON HER WALK CLEO ENDED UP AT the park where her and Tory first kissed. It was a bittersweet moment as she sat at the swing, gripping tightly onto the chains with her eyes closed. The sun had already fallen by then, and memories from that night, and every other moment she spent with Tory plagued the Harper girl.

She was in love, and it all went away in an instant.

"At least I know you cared about me a little." A voice spoke up, making the girl curse beneath her breath. "Sorry... I uhm, I just come here every night."

"I'll go." Cleo got up from the swing, her nose sniffling as she started to walk away, wood chips falling into her shoes as she did.