Chapter 4: Day of training

Y/n POV:
It's been two days since that night. Since then, the boys have just shown me around, where to get snacks, where they hunt, where to go, where not to go etc. I'm grateful. I really am. I'm actually starting to feel accepted and that's pretty good for me because I'm normally a very untrusting girl. After what happened with... my father and my brother... I haven't trusted people easily. Pan always seems to know where I am and it annoys me sometimes but I know that really it's a good thing. Most of the boys here are nice. There's a few, namely Dylan, Kenny and Albert, that are unkind but apart from them everyone's nice to me. I've grown close with a few of the boys like Devin, Felix, Oliver and Josh. Even the young kids are nice to me. I think they see me as a mother figure already and even I'm attached. I think I have found home. The one place where I can be happy and away from all my problems.

Pan is actually being nice. I was told by the other boys that Pan can be quite a manipulative, cruel person but so far, he isn't showing that side of himself. His hair is always so adorable and his eyes, oh my gosh his eyes are just amazing. I could get lost in them forever if I really wanted to.
Anyway, I'm meant to be doing my first day of 'training' today. Whatever that means. I'm not sure wether it's fighting or just common sense but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

"C'mon Y/N! Time for training. You'll be training with me today and the rest of the boys will sort out a schedule for who's trading with you and when. It'll most likely only be me, Devin, Oliver, Felix and Josh seeing as were the ones you're closest to." I hear Pan's British voice call through the flap of my tent-hut. His voice gets me every time, like seriously. Oh well. Better get ready for training.

I change into more athletic clothes that I found in my chest and make my way outside.
"Ah there you are. I was wondering when the princess was going to make an appearance." Pan lightly chuckles.
"Oh shut up you idiot!" I retaliate.
He gives me a stare but shuts up anyway. He starts to walk off and so I follow him actually quite eager to start my training and find out some more about this place. He leads me past the boys, past the big oak tree which we call the entrance of the camp, and through to a clearing in the forest. I turn my head in all directions absolutely stunned with how beautiful this part of the forest is. 'How did the boys forget to show me this? It's beautiful' I think to myself.
"Well, here we are. The training area. Every time you train it'll be here. Now let's run over some rules before we start. Number one, when fighting there's no fully injuring your opponent, stop just before you hit them. Number two, no cheating to win a fight, that could include sabotaging your opponents weapon or saying something to affect them right before the fight. And number three, always only fight purposefully inside this clearing unless it is an emergency or I give you permission. Understood?" He says with no hesitation.
"Understood Pan. Don't worry, I don't normally like to fight unless I have to so you have nothing to worry about there." I state. "And also, I wouldn't even try to hurt one of you guys. You're all already too important to me for me to intentionally harm you." He seems to scan my face for a minute before nodding to show that he understood me. We just stand there looking into each other's eyes for a while until he broke the eye contact by clearing his throat and looking around. I look around too until my eyes fall on a huge willow tree with weapons hidden behind its branches. We both walk over and push away the branches to fully see what weapons there are. My eyes first land on a group of swords, about five of them, before moving to many bows and quivers of arrows, small daggers, spears and other things. I immediately walk over to the swords and pick up a sword that had a gleaming silver blade and a hilt with a ruby. I liked the look of this sword and decided this would be the sword which I fight Pan with. He also walks over and grabs one with an emerald in its hilt. 'Of course he would get the emerald. Green seems to be his colour I guess' I think to myself. Pan then leads me back out to the clearing and stand in the middle, facing me.
"Hold your sword on the hilt, cross it over your body and when your ready, attack your opponent. Your opponent will have to either dodge or block your attach and will often counter with an attack on you. So always be ready." I am told. I have to think about it for a minute before getting into my fighting stance and taking the first swing. Pan easily blocks it and, just as he said, countered with an attack. I dodge his attack and throw three more attacks his way attempting to disarm him. However, he keeps blocking, dodging, blocking, dodging, counter attack.
We go at this for about ten minutes before I feel him disarm me and corner me against a tree. We're both sweating but I had fun. He pins me against the tree with his sword only inches away from my neck and looks down into my eyes as if trying to figure out what I'm thinking. Our bodies are basically touching and I can feel his body warmth radiating on to me. Our faces only inches way from each other, getting closer each second. His hot breath runs down my neck before he whispers, "That was good for a first try. I'm really taking a liking to you Y/N."

I can feel my face flush at his words but don't try to hide it this time. His words always have a way of making me feel... funny on the inside. Like butterflies slowly starting to form in my stomach. No this can't be happening, I can't be falling for Peter Pan.
Before I can think about it anymore, Pan moves away from me, puts his sword back where he got it from and started on his way back to camp. I hurriedly do the same. Mainly so I can walk the rest of the way with Pan and also because I want to see who else I'll be training with and when.

— Back when Pan and Y/N are back at camp —

"That was pretty fun Pan. I can't wait to train with you again!" I tell him as we sit down in the logs surrounding the fire. It's starting to get dark now so we must've been gone for longer than I thought.
"It was. I can't wait either love. It'll probably be soon. We have a lot to teach you." He tells me.
I let out a slight laugh and lean back a small bit. Pan does the same. I hear the boys finishing up with their dinner and making their way back to their tent-huts to turn in for the night. I decide I'll do the same.
"Thanks again for today Pan. I really enjoyed it. Anyway, I'm going to go to bed now. Wouldn't want to be tired for whatever's in store tomorrow." I say while pushing myself to my feet. He nods in understanding and turns to watch me walk away. I turn back before I fully disappear from his view and yell out, "AND NO WAKING ME UP EARLY. I NEED MY BEAUTY SLEEP PAN!"
"GOT IT Y/N. NO WAKING YOU UP TOO EARLY. ALTHOUGH IF IT GETS TOO LATE I WILL HAVE TO. GOOD NIGHT LOVE!" He yells back.

I walk into my tent-hut happily and replaying his words once again in my mind. 'Good night Love'. Them words will never fail to make me fuzzy inside. The butterfly feeling.
I quickly change into comfortable clothes and lay in my bed. After thinking about my training today I allow myself to fall into a dark, quiet sleep.

______________________________________________________

Hey again! I'm so sorry for the late update. I've had writers block and I've also had no motivation. ALTHOUGH I CHECKED MY NOTIFICATIONS EARLIER AND SAW THAT SOMEONE HAD ADDED MY STORY TO A READING LIST OF THEIRS. I wanted to say thank you to @katerina6730  for doing that. It's the first time that's happened so far, and on my first story too. It means a lot. And also thank you for nearly 50 reads. I started this book only expecting to reach around 25 in the first 7 chapters let alone almost 50 in the first 4!
Thanks for being patient and I'll try to get the next chapter out as soon as I can. Bearing in mind I am busy with school and extra-curricular activities still.
Cya soon!