Friends

Katya waited for 3 hours before being able to come in Trixie's room. The girl was still slowly waking up from anesthesia. Katya put the flowers she bought on a table and moved a chair next to her partner's bed.

"Hey" Katya said softly.
"Hi" Trixie mumbled, squinting her eyes to adjust to the harsh lighting. She extended her arm and let her hand hang out from the mattress, which Katya grabbed and squeezed.

"So you're my friend now?" Trixie asked with a giggle, she was still under the influence of morphine.
"Yes I am."
"And you won't stop once I'm healed?"
"No I won't Trixie, I'll make sure nobody touches you again."
"I like that. You owe me now that I've saved your life. I literally jumped in front of a bullet for you that's so romantic!" Trixie chanted and swung their locked hands around.
"Calm down calm down you're not supposed to move."

The blonde pouted and Katya laughed at her childish behavior.

"Thank you for being smart and spry, I wouldn't be here without you. I apologize for how mean I was to you, I don't really have an excuse for it." Katya said more seriously, looking down and rubbing her thumb on Trixie's hand nervously. She wasn't used to be so vulnerable and sensitive.

"I was acting bitchy too. We're even now."
"Yeah... here, I got those for you."
Katya showed Trixie the bouquet with a small smile.
"Pink roses! That's so sweet who would have thought you could be so smoochy"
"I'm only trying to be a good friend. I'm gonna go see the nurse, you should be able to go now."

They were allowed to leave and Katya lead Trixie to her car, helping her to get in without hurting herself.

"You're off work until the end of the week, rest well" Katya said as she walked Trixie to her door.
"But I want to work! Don't try to get rid of me again"
"I'm not Trixie. I'll send you a resume of everything I do each day. You can call me if you have questions or ideas."
"Okay. I'll see you Monday"
"Bye" Katya replied and before she could leave Trixie hugged her, careful not to hurt her wounded arm. The older woman was surprised but she hugged back. She felt the tingling sensation that human touch can provide, which she lacked deeply.

The next day Katya decided to stay in her office and do paper work and research. The memories from the day before prevented her from stepping outside to question suspects. She kept looking out at Trixie's empty desk, wishing she could rest her eyes on the beautiful blonde. She missed her presence, her voice, her smell. After a boring day Katya sent an email to Trixie with all the new material and went home. She heated up leftovers and settled on her couch. As she was about to put on Netflix her phone rang.

"Hey! How are you feeling?" Katya asked excited that Trixie called her.
"The painkillers are making me so tired all the time but I'm good. I just wanted to tell you that I'm going to focus on Kuznetsov's business, I feel like there's something behind all his investments and donations."
"Okay. I will keep on looking for Igor then."
"Right"

"Do you-"
"I'm-"
They said at the same time. The two women laughed awkwardly and Trixie told Katya to go ahead.

"I feel like since we're friends we should know more about each other."
"Mh hm. Well ask me something" Trixie said and Katya could just tell she was smiling.
"How old are you?"
"26. I would ask you the same question but I don't wanna be rude"
"Ugh hush I'm only 34"

They kept on talking for maybe half an hour about random stuff. Trixie and Katya discovered that they were both into art, however they had opposite music and clothing styles.

"What was your first impression of me?" Trixie questioned.
"Uhm you don't want to know." Katya mumbled, her face heating up when she recalled what she had thought when seeing Trixie for the first time.
"Come oooooon I won't be mad"
"Fine. I thought you looked like a pornstar."

Trixie screamed on the other end of the phone and laughed loudly.
"I get that a lot actually. Most people assume I'm a brainless big titted blonde bimbo"
"And you're not?"
"Shut up! I can be pretty and smart at the same time unlike some people"
"Does that mean I'm dumb and beautiful or intelligent and ugly?"
"It's hard to choose!"
"You're mean."
"I'm joking... I think you're a very hot and wise older woman"
"I'm done with you. But seriously I have to wake up at 6:30 tomorrow"
"Yeah I know. You're really nice when you're not arguing with me. Good night Kat"
"I like talking to you too. Good night Trix"

Trixie made a kissing sound and hung up. She found it so dumb that she had to get shot to become Katya's friend. But she was glad that they finally got along. And honestly even if she felt like she was dying, being in Katya's strong tattooed arms surely helped after she caught the bullet.

Trixie and Katya called each other every day from that night. They talked about work for five minutes and then went on to chat about anything. Even the weekend when they had no excuse they spoke on the phone. Trixie kind of worried about what it would be like on Monday. She wondered if they would keep being close in person. The blonde woke up that day and tried to put on a shirt with only one hand since her left arm was in a sling. She ended up with mismatched buttons and no time to do it all over again, so she went to the headquarters like that. She entered Katya's office with an angry pout, and her partner immediately wheezed as she saw her.

"This is all your fault" Trixie said jokingly but still kept a straight face.
"I know I know now come here let me redeem myself"

Trixie walked towards Katya and felt herself blush as she opened her shirt completely to properly close it again. On her side Katya was fighting the urge to look at Trixie's cleavage.

"All done"
"Thank you" Trixie replied and walked over to her own desk.

"You want a coffee? Tea? Redbull?"
"Who drinks Redbull at 8 am Katya. I'll have a tea please"
"I do. Coming right up" The blonde smiled.

The girls discussed about what Trixie found on Kuznetsov, and ultimately they had to investigate his hotel in person. The blonde noticed that it was a very common place for rich traders to go with prostitutes, and she assumed they were offered all kinds of drugs.

"Since you love being undercover so much, I think we should go there and pretend to be a trader and a hooker. We'll get a room and hope that they'll try to sell us coke." Trixie explained.
"Okay fine. I'll try to look like a sleep deprived overworked finance girl."
"Why do I have to be the whore! It's not fair" The younger blonde complained. She always had to play the slutty one.
"It wouldn't make sense for a pretty girl like you to pay to fuck me." Katya said honestly.
"Don't try to compliment me into doing it. I'll be the trader." Trixie replied even though she enjoyed Katya's comment.
"Besides I know you have more experience than me in hooking" She added.
"What? Why do you say that?"
"I've read your personal file"
"You're not supposed to do that Trixie. This is my private life." Katya said sternly. It was an unsaid rule that nobody should read their colleagues files.
"I didn't know it was wrong. I'm sorry"
"Yeah... Anyway let's do this Friday. You better be a convincing businesswoman"
"I will"