Day 1 part two

As Midvalley's and Hopper's bodies laid dead on the floor, Legato squatted on the kitchen counter that he should have been baking on and drooled over the beautiful man he saw in the doorway. He always loved how Knives's's's' eyes got a psychotic look in them when he was angry. And those face creases when his eyebrows furrowed at an 85 degree angle 😩. Mm chef's kiss.

Vash was very much not having this reaction and instead was preparing for damage control due to the angry customer trespassing past the "employees only" sign on the kitchen door.

Speak of the devil and the devil spoke, "ExcUse me I asked for a iced pecan milk latte with ginger espresso and walnut milk foam!!"

"As the manager, I apologize for any inconveniences Mr. Valued Customer sir." Vash said as he flashed his signature customer service smile some would say is worth 60 billion double dollars. "However, these kitchen is off limits to customers and I must ask you to leave. We are currently dealing with a predicament, but your drink will be out shortly :)."

"DONT 'VALUED CUSTOEMR' ME! I WANT ME DRINK NOW! IVE BEEN WAITING FOR A WHOLE 2 MINUTES!"

"I understand, sir, but-"

Knives interrupted the other blonde with a dramatic offended gasp sound like the one from the Valentino white bag vine and kept going with his rant. "DID YOU JUST BUT ME?? ISNT THE CUSTOMER ALWAYS RIGHT?! I DON'T FEEL LIKE IM BEING TREATED VERY RIGHT RIGHT NOW!"

Vash froze at that. He prided himself on having the best customer service to ever exist. He needed to fix this somehow. "You are correct, sir. I deeply apologize for my negligence. To apologize, I shall personally make your drink right away, on me. In addition, your next drink will be free to compensate for the time we have wasted today,,,, and i'll deal with these dead bodies later..."

The last part of Vash's monologue seemed to have caught Knive'ss attention because he looked down and finally noticed the dead bodies that were indeed dead and in front of him. At that, he muttered a "nice." This sight alone put Knives into a better mood. He loved seeing some dead bodies.

Taking advantage of Knbife's slightly improved mood, Vash once again tried getting the customer out of the employee's only room and sent home with his order. "Right, now please follow me and you shall receive your order shortly."

Instead of following him, Knoves asked "Can I keep them?"

"w- wha t ."

Knives looked at the other blonde like he was the stupidest person to ever exist. "The dead bodies, stoopid. Can I keep them."

"w hy y do you want the bodies?" Vash asked, slightly exasperated. Deep down he knew the answer, though.

"oH mY GOoOoOD IT'S FOR MY COLLECTION, OBIoUisLY! WHY ELSE?!"

"I- you- wh- " Vash stuttered. The man was at a loss for words. But he was also incredibly tired. "yeah okay sure you can have the bodies." Running a hand down his face, he turned to Legato who was still there just drooling throughout this entire fight. "Legato, can you help this kind customer carry the dead bodies to his car?"

Legato leaped onto his feet at the speed of gay, giving a quick nod. "A chance to be alone with Knives... 😳" he thought to himself.

As Legato and Knives carried Midvalley's dead body out the back door to avoid suspicion from as many customers as possible, Vash went to make the drink Knives asked for.

"So... ya like corpses?" Legato asked as casually as possible as soon as he was alone with Knives. Oh yeah. 10/10 flirting.

"Fuckin obviously," the angry blonde snapped.

"WOOF WOOF GRRRRR BARK BARK BARK WOOF WOOF ARF ARF GRRR GRRRRRR RUFF RUFF BARK BARK" Legato thoghted.

The rest of the walk to Knvives' car was in awkward silence, u n t i l . . .

As the two were lifting Midvalley into the man named after a utensil's trunck, their hands bumped each other and shojo bubbles filled the sky as said utensil man gaped at Legato's knuckle hair. "Is,, your hair,,, naturally that color?" he asked.

Legato freaked out because his crush was talking to him. his crushed ASKED him a question. oh yeah he should probably answer it , "ye s."

Knives paused for a second in suprise. then he muttered a "whatever" and the whole thing was forgotten as they finished shoving midvalley in his trunk.

On the way back to the cafe to pick up the other body, the two were so caught up in their own thoughts that they failed to notice The Jesus Man on his way to clock in.

"what the 𝒽𝑜𝓁𝓎 fuck"

——

"I can bring this one myself since he has wheels" Knives told Legato when they got back to the kitchen.

"Yes, Master Knives."

Slightly blushing at the nickname, Knives ignored the blue haired man and quickly wheeled the 2nd dead corpse out.

Legato was disappointed to hear Knives's car vroom away. Their time together had come to an end already. Still, at least he made progress having a full conversation with his crush today. Getting this job was already proving to pay off.

Interrupting his thoughts, Vash came busting in. "Oh are you two done already? Perfect timing I just finished his iced pecan milk latte with ginger espresso and walnut milk foam! Hey, where'd he go?"

"left" the emo responded depressingly

"are you. serious." Vash siad exasperatedly. "oh my gOd I JUST MADE THIS DIFFICULT DRINK FOR HIM AND HE LEFT??" He tried his best to control his language as Galactic Mermaid played on full volume in his head internally. "uUugHhhGhb."

Taking a deep breath and counting to ten, Vash smiled at Legato like everything was fine. "Okay, well, I'm so sorry your first official work day ended up so bad. Why don't you end your shift early and come back again tomorrow?"

Legato didn't understand what Vash meant because, to him, it was an absolutely wonderful first day. But, since Knives already came and went, he decided he would indeed go home early because what was the pony of being there anymore.

As he hung up his apron, he ran into Wolfwood who was apparently looking for Vash. Legato pointed him in the direction of the staff kitchen and left to go to his bridge for the rest of the day.

Before he made it out the door, hee heard what Wolfwood had to say to Vash and smirked to himself at the words.

"Vash, why on 𝑔𝑜𝒹'𝓈 𝑔𝓇𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓉𝒽 was the new guy carrying out Midvalley's corpse with the Karen Customer."

It truly had been a good day.