𝟬𝟬𝟮. 𝗗𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝟮𝗫𝟬𝟭

Start from the beginning

"See you at school," I say in a low voice and walk away with. He says I can call him noah, and I do, but it still feels weird and I don't think I'll be calling him 'dad' soon.

We get in the car and the first few minutes were silent. "Where were you last night?" He asks and I tense, looking down. "Um, I was here," I say and Mr. Stilinski looks at me.

"Here? Why?" He asks and I swallow, not saying anything. "Oh." He says and I nod. "Did you see anything?" He asks and my heart beats faster, remembering the man his face.

"Um, I-" I start and shake my head. "I don't think so," I say and look down. "Sarah, I've known you long enough to know when you are lying," he says and I gulp, nodding.

"There was... something at the graveyard, not Lydia though," I say and Mr. Stilinski furrows his eyebrows.

"What? How did it look like?" He asks and I shrug. "I don't know, I just know me and Isaac fell in a grave during the robbery and the thing stole a liver." I say and nod.

"How did you get out?" He asks and my eyes dart around, thinking of an excuse. "I-I lifted Isaac up and then he pulled me up," I say, thinking that of an excuse.

"Uhu, and um how were you able to lift Isaac up?" He asks and I shrug. "Adrenaline?" I suggest and Noah sighs, he didn't believe me, but didn't say anything either.

"Okay. Why didn't you tell me? You can tell me these kinds of things." He says and I look down. "I'm sorry," I say, not wanting to disappoint him.

"It's okay. Just don't go to the graveyard so late at night okay?" He asks and I raise my eyebrows, my eyes widening. "Wh-what?! How am I supposed to-" I cut myself off, wanting to say 'see Isaac' but then I would have to explain why I would want to see him in the first case.

"How am I supposed to visit mom?" I ask after a few silent seconds. "You could visit her after school, or in the weekends," he says and I sigh. "What am I supposed to do in my free time?" I ask and Noah sighs.

"Make friends, invite them over, hang out with Stiles and his friends, I'm sure they would love you," he says and I look down. "I don't want to be a burden to them," I say softly, fidgeting with my fingers. "You're anything but a burden, Sarah," he says and nods.

"Oh," is all I can mumble and look away. If he continues I'll cry. "We're here," he says and I nod. "See you tonight," I say and he nods. "Okay," he says and I nod.

"Goodbye." He says and I nod. "Bye," I say and get out, grabbing my bag.

I see Stiles and Scott walking and walk over to them. "She ate the liver?" I hear Scott ask and I look at him confused. "No, I didn't say she ate it. I just said it was missing." Stiles says and I start walking next to him.

"And you know what? Even if she did, so what? It's the most nutritious part of the body." Stiles says and I let out a cough. "Not sure why you know that and damn, you have a crush." I joke and smile.

"Um hey Sarah," Stiles says and smiles. "Oh- we have need to talk about um... Allison!" Stiles yells and pushes Scott away, making me frown at him. What?

This has been going on for the past time I've been on this school. They are talking about something weird, and I want to know what they're talking about, but they ignore and leave me.

+

I get to chemistry and see Scott and Stiles sitting down, I see Isaac too and sit down next to him before anyone else can. "Isaac," I say and he looks at me. "Yeah?" He asks and I look at him. "Thank you," I say sincerely and glance at Stiles and Scott, who weren't paying attention.